JohnGalway

So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

That’s it I aim to grow xmas dinner every year we will be having our own leeks parsnips cabbage apple sprouts onion eggs and I made green tomato chutney in summer, I try to rear our own meat but I did not manage that this year 

Have a good xmas lads 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well VFR  I just got back from fetching some parsnips and I'd better not put a pic up.lol. One of them I managed to nearly get to the bottom of the root and , to be fair, it's a good un. I hope you and yours, with the new sprog, have a lovely Christmas. Speak to you, no doubt, in the New year. Jok.

• Like 1

Well ferreting is pretty much done.We do enjoy it though

803D6E84-FB16-46E2-91F8-A4F1E79005A9.jpeg.95a6ad40811de9dca4d4ab3e3e702c45.jpeg

time to turn attention to the plots. The no dig one is a pleasure with nothing much to do apart from pull out old stuff and pop in the new

AB954996-70B1-431E-B137-96CAF79A51EB.jpeg.a65678eb52bf4b0f1283a6feea5d833b.jpeg

4C80A6F1-71E6-4B65-A5A3-BE73B05C603F.jpeg.bcf5adfea5a22163d1d7c744edf244f2.jpeg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 2

Eh up Terry. Hope you've had a good winter. Back to reality now though. I've bought all my seed potatoes including 2 new varieties, to me at least, Jazza and Casablanca.  Also found a local source for large onions of which I've ordered a score. The onion sets and garlic that I put in, in November are looking healthy. Also Spring cabbage starting to heart up a little. I think, because of health issues, this year is going to be tough so I'll be downsizing next year. I wish you and all our fellow contributors a successful growing season. Jok.

You too Jok hope your ok. I have had 3 plots for a few years but too much work so scaled down to 2. Better to have 2 done tidy rather than 3 half arsed. Got new job with long hours which hasn't helped but there you go

• Thanks 1

Well my Tomato seedlings are up Crimson Crush F1 and Mountain Magic F1 (both late blight resistant indoor or out) Shirley F1, Tigerella and the wife's favourite Sungold.

P1200722.jpeg.9ccb3bd88a7996840c67ad9c08036b38.jpeg

P1200725.jpeg.bd9e2d3948c538fa032ab7c9c0ec5237.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

16 hours ago, terryd said:

Keep them on a window sill arry ?

Yes mate once they're up, keep them in the bay window as much light as possible, bring them back about a foot from the grass at night. To get them to germinate I put them on a tray on top of the radiator first ones took about five days.

Forgot to say once frosts have gone ill use just six of them in the green house. brother in law and mates have the rest, they have all put there orders in Lol.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry