So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

She's done well mate, always up there with the boys, feeding pigs at six this morning. I cook and eat a bit of it ? kids will have green fingers no doubt, healthy interest.

It’s the way to go too many kids don’t get the chance cos they lazy arse parents stuff em with mac d kebabs n frozen nuggets 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

9 hours ago, sid g said:

just done my last few harry got to clear them and take my canes out dig it over what can i put in now ? 

Could maybe get away with some Kale plants if you can find some. Over wintering type of Onions or a crop of Garlic. Aways bit hard this time of year mate.

Cheers Arry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have never grown tomato plants in a pot, I wonder what you gentlemen use on the bottom for drainage if anything, and is there any advice for, and about, anything that I should know about the soil, fertilizer, etc.

I also wonder what else you might recommend for growing in pots?

Limited space at the moment due to some renovations.

Thank you in advance,

Lynn

37 minutes ago, Miss Lynn said:

I have never grown tomato plants in a pot, I wonder what you gentlemen use on the bottom for drainage if anything, and is there any advice for, and about, anything that I should know about the soil, fertilizer, etc.

Thank you in advance,

Lynn

Ordinary compost make sure plenty of drainage holes ,when they get flowers on them I used to give dose of plant  feed In the water .

On 19/03/2021 at 20:31, Miss Lynn said:

Thank you in advance,

Lynn

I find peat free compost absolutely crap. I now use Irish peat for most things.

I went to a nursery for something some years ago now and noticed they were potting up plants in a medium that was not on sale outside. Got chatting with the owner about compost and how disappointing the run of the mill compost was, he said we can't grow in that stuff. He sold me half a dozen bags of what they use and it's Peat with additives. I mix with a bit of sharp sand and sieve it.

I don't know what it's like for Late Blight where you but it's hard to grow out door Tomato's because of it here.

There are some new variety's that are suppose to be 100% Blight resistant . Mountain Magic, Crimson Crush and a new one I'm trying this year called Rubylicious, these can be grown inside or out.

Cheers Arry

Well starting to get stuff done six Tomato's in their pots and keeping six back a spares just incase. Got six runners out but wrapped up in fleece and micro mesh six more coming on and just planted another six. I keep staggering them six at a time so if I do lose the first six I will just replant. Got a row of little Gem Lettuce out under cloche and some early Spuds in tubs so I can take them in if more frosts.

IMG_3034.JPG.f9a99c03e2ab22e32b14f2458b010e4a.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG.419af85a869766c5dd0a7a72a44f2702.JPG

IMG_3038.JPG.4d6d7e55bbdcb0e62f6de19cfe143a17.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG.419af85a869766c5dd0a7a72a44f2702.JPG

Cheers Arry

IMG_3032.JPG

• Like 3