So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Got an issue in my little Home Bargain 'greenhouse' though...

Think its called leafcurl. Its affecting some of my tom's but not all, some of my chilli's but not all. Its only on the upper leaves and dosen't seem to affect the plant, anyone know anymore?

20200715_165419.jpg

It could a number of things  over  watering maybe 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Got an issue in my little Home Bargain 'greenhouse' though...

Think its called leafcurl. Its affecting some of my tom's but not all, some of my chilli's but not all. Its only on the upper leaves and dosen't seem to affect the plant, anyone know anymore?

20200715_165419.jpg

Could be Fern Leaf Virus or Chemical spray damage.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
12 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Heat  stress damage 

Yea I thought that. I covered my green house in scaffold netting so it take some of the heat out of the direct sun and not had it since

• Like 2

Those who like Runner beans two types here "White Emergo" the smaller curly ones and "White Lady" a longer straighter bean, The "White Lady" bean I can highly recommend and would have grown the whole row but run out of seed and could not get more. It's a White flowering bean sets well crops well is tender with a lovely taste. Hope this may help.

IMG_2129.jpeg.bda4a863c014c7ceda4cc114e772b65f.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg.7ba46f4ac4ceda0beaeec684ae484b71.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Arry. You are gifted. Must admit that the June frost not only whacked my potatoes but also my runner beans. To be honest there is no sign on any beans setting. The only really good crops so far are peas and beetroot. Don't get me wrong, other bits and bobs are doing ok but not like usual. Jok.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, jok said:

Arry. You are gifted. Must admit that the June frost not only whacked my potatoes but also my runner beans. To be honest there is no sign on any beans setting. The only really good crops so far are peas and beetroot. Don't get me wrong, other bits and bobs are doing ok but not like usual. Jok.

In your pictures mate thought your plot looked proper mate.

Lots of people even down here lost their Runners and Spuds with that late surprise frost. then after that they got clobbered with a massive hail storm that knocked all the leafs off. Mine I covered with fleece and micro mesh and kept it on as long as I could because of them cold winds we had.

Just trying to help others out as a lot have taken gardening up for the first time. I used to have a lot of trouble with red flowering Runners first was not setting well. Second was bloody sparrows eating the flowers. Tried lots of different types, in the end found "White lady" sets well, crops well and touch wood no sparrows so far. It has good size mainly straight beans, tender and nice taste. Atb.

Cheers Arry

On 20/07/2020 at 10:35, Arry said:

Those who like Runner beans two types here "White Emergo" the smaller curly ones and "White Lady" a longer straighter bean, The "White Lady" bean I can highly recommend and would have grown the whole row but run out of seed and could not get more. It's a White flowering bean sets well crops well is tender with a lovely taste. Hope this may help.

IMG_2129.jpeg.bda4a863c014c7ceda4cc114e772b65f.jpeg

IMG_2128.jpeg.7ba46f4ac4ceda0beaeec684ae484b71.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Just seen this o love runner beans top 5 of veg me mate nice one ?

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

First year with the beds I don't like um was her idea 

Got sprouts cabbage lettuce strawberries 3 different onions,  3 different beans beetroot turnips kale ,,,,,, and more i have forgotten ha 

Their looking well, some fire growth in them. Well done

Atb j 

• 3 weeks later...