So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Well decided Runners are over getting a bit stringy, just hate it when your enjoying a nice pile of beans and you get a stringy one in amongst. I do snap them but still the odd one. So started to take them down and compost came across these two, one seems to be very fond of the other. you can see the black army in the back ground had a bit of trouble with them this year.

IMG_0791.jpeg.78b381571c36ba7e2cc7a0c16e3c167a.jpeg

IMG_0788.jpeg.3bd70f1d84f44bc263a0526af2e24273.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well leeks looking okay, but had one that just seem to go up. It was twice the height of the other with a smaller circumstances, must an odd seed that got in there some how. Thought maybe it was one that was going to bolt, but on cutting it was okay.

IMG_0829.jpeg.6ede8b4c168a1277a906ca0bcf423b74.jpeg

IMG_0819.jpeg.4090de61665e801aa742124ecdb34cff.jpeg

IMG_0828.jpeg.a3223d574e4efee7e4b5c7359567d917.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally they getting ripe  yellow fatali choc bhutlah , scorpion peach ,choc reaper , fatali jigsaw red mamma couple of Japanese takanasame  7 pot red ,          peach   Jolokia  , green bishops crown , choc Douglah  heat x flavour types some for salads  some for big dishes 

C254B442-3A13-431F-A0AF-D2B421A7EFC0.jpeg

• Like 4

Planted garlic on Friday and Saturday took grandson (3yrs) down and harvested some beetroot,spring onions, lettuce & two pumpkins, one he took home the other is here as we are baby sitting next week so will be carving it next weekend.?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gooner said:

Planted garlic on Friday and Saturday took grandson (3yrs) down and harvested some beetroot,spring onions, lettuce & two pumpkins, one he took home the other is here as we are baby sitting next week so will be carving it next weekend.?

Home cooked beetroot eaten warm ?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well guys. Don't want to piss on your chips but I reckon we have a serious problem. If I'm reading it correctly, we will be housebound within 24 hours. Now my allotment is about 7 miles away and at the moment all I have in are 3 rows of first earlies.  Like most of you I am 2 weeks before planting the normal crops. If you've read the news, Lincoln farmers, using 98% imported labour, who are no longer getting supplemented wages, are in the shite. Now then, we can't get to plant and they can't crop so essentially the cost of eating will clearly go through the roof. If I was you, which I am, rows of potatoes , no matter the risk of frost are going in during the next couple of days. Forget all your winter crops as they just ain't going to happen. IMO.  If you have a house garden then all good but best get on with it. ATB. Jok.

• Sad 1