So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

1 hour ago, terryd said:

The weather is turning nicely now. Trips to plot starting he loves it happy as can be ?

4B8CF876-EAB3-40AB-8E39-3E4DFCFCD5D1.jpeg.0fd0b16dc6ea5f72301fccddb1656f4a.jpeg194EBCE1-9B42-4896-BAD6-19DC34844880.jpeg.2b872049a9874a6450b9cfba684aaa4e.jpeg

my favourite veg doing well

26942345-9C41-48DC-AEEA-4F06623F72F7.jpeg.4608077746f5462e9617fd1694e8ea0e.jpeg

7058F13C-DFC7-4805-8004-266161304CB8.jpeg.1af146f77c978c96befcd3bb6a881ac8.jpeg

That my favourite as well love Purple Sprouting going to try I think a new one called "Blaze F1" from Suttons, plant now harvest July to December. Have you ever try cooking it Tempura style really tasty.

Cheers Arry

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arry said:

That my favourite as well love Purple Sprouting going to try I think a new one called "Blaze F1" from Suttons, plant now harvest July to December. Have you ever try cooking it Tempura style really tasty.

Cheers Arry

I will order some of them arry seems two varieties fire and blaze to get continuous crop

Never had that cake before looks nice though. Although I stay away from Rhubarb I've been told its no bad if you suffer with arthritis and right now my thumb give me feck.

Purple Sprouting I used to grow 3 different sorts all winter ones though. Red Admiral F1, Rudolph( which is bomb proof) and Cardinal that gave a harvest from autumn to spring. I have cut down on how much of it I grow now as it takes up so much room for such a long time. I now grow one thats fruiting now called Claret F1 very big spears

Cheers Arry

Iv got some garlic and onions in. I'm cutting back this year. Iv just planted chilli's yesterday and I'm only doing one tomato plant, those yellow ones. Not bothering with loads of toms as it's lots of hassle and lots of water for them all to ripen together, I don't even eat em. 

Going to concentrate on flowers in the garden and getting a car port built and also a covered area over the bbq so I can get a longer bbq season

DSC_0870.JPG

DSC_0871.JPG

Edited by DIDO.1
18 hours ago, terryd said:

A lot to be said for some pretty flowers when ever I see them I think dam wish i had them. Be nice to cut for house some nice scented ones

There's a few dahlia and chrysanthemum growers near me real eye catchers, sweet peas are good for cutting make a room smell nice

On 26/03/2019 at 19:45, terryd said:

A lot to be said for some pretty flowers when ever I see them I think dam wish i had them. Be nice to cut for house some nice scented ones

Grow some night scented stock and nicotina very fragrant sitting in the garden at the end of a summers night very pleasant.

• Like 1

I grew a plant I now know as the "4 o'clock flower" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirabilis_jalapa

My sister gave me a seed try full of mixed flower seedlings, I asked what flowers were in there, she said she had no idea just mixed. Well grew them on and there was all sorts, I think the sweepings of the floor of a seed producer. Any way one plant got about 2 or 3 feet high then flowered, I didn't have a clue what it was but about sunset ever night it would give off a nice smell till the morning. Sent photos to my sister in Scotland she is a Gardner she found out for me.

Cheers Arry

Bit more work in garden this weekend wi little lad.

Cleared a load of rubbish and mi old bonfire pile where I'm guna put some more veg beds.

Replaced some broken panes with polycarb and sorted beds in greenhouse, used grow bags last year but couldn't get on with them.

Just rest of the place to sort now! 1 bed at a time.

IMG-20190330-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0013.jpg

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Bit more work in garden this weekend wi little lad.

Cleared a load of rubbish and mi old bonfire pile where I'm guna put some more veg beds.

Replaced some broken panes with polycarb and sorted beds in greenhouse, used grow bags last year but couldn't get on with them.

Just rest of the place to sort now! 1 bed at a time.

IMG-20190330-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190331-WA0013.jpg

Very Very tidy Mate , mine is like a tip. Tom's doing well though.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1