So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Well ferreting is pretty much done.We do enjoy it though

803D6E84-FB16-46E2-91F8-A4F1E79005A9.jpeg.95a6ad40811de9dca4d4ab3e3e702c45.jpeg

time to turn attention to the plots. The no dig one is a pleasure with nothing much to do apart from pull out old stuff and pop in the new

AB954996-70B1-431E-B137-96CAF79A51EB.jpeg.a65678eb52bf4b0f1283a6feea5d833b.jpeg

4C80A6F1-71E6-4B65-A5A3-BE73B05C603F.jpeg.bcf5adfea5a22163d1d7c744edf244f2.jpeg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 2

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

Eh up Terry. Hope you've had a good winter. Back to reality now though. I've bought all my seed potatoes including 2 new varieties, to me at least, Jazza and Casablanca.  Also found a local source for large onions of which I've ordered a score. The onion sets and garlic that I put in, in November are looking healthy. Also Spring cabbage starting to heart up a little. I think, because of health issues, this year is going to be tough so I'll be downsizing next year. I wish you and all our fellow contributors a successful growing season. Jok.

16 hours ago, terryd said:

Keep them on a window sill arry ?

Yes mate once they're up, keep them in the bay window as much light as possible, bring them back about a foot from the grass at night. To get them to germinate I put them on a tray on top of the radiator first ones took about five days.

Forgot to say once frosts have gone ill use just six of them in the green house. brother in law and mates have the rest, they have all put there orders in Lol.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1

Went down allotment today dug the last 7 leeks and pulled curly and Cavolo  Nero kale, still going strong.

Garlic and onions growing well, planted in October so hopefully will be good.

Seed potatoes are chitting so will have to get down again and do more preparation.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally had a weekend off work so got a load of seeds in wi kids, rescued my strawberry planter and cleared out my greenhouse in preparation for spring. Guna get mi beds turned over next week hopefully and get some things in the ground. Love this time of year.

IMG-20190317-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190317-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20190317-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20190317-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20190317-WA0006.jpg

• Like 3

Well my Tomato's are doing great, so moved them to the green house along with two sorts of Leek and two sorts of Little Gem Lettuce one ordinary and the other a red one.

P1200742.jpeg.a57f657646ca935b03452afdfdf9e49d.jpeg

Thought I would plant a couple of Tomato's as I have more than enough plants. So I grow then in large pot sunk into the soil almost flush with the ground.

P1200745.jpeg.cca33987df84b09a792b097055b8df03.jpeg

I then put bit of crock in the bottom and fill to about one third to half way. Then plant the Tom, as it grows I will add more compost mix taking any leaves off that would get buried. This method gives my a better root structure IMO.

P1200747.jpeg.addb43dfb88fb0c4192bd7811e86b5d1.jpeg

P1200748.jpeg.58a8af04ac84fc12e293c8cb9df04f9b.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Arry said:

Well my Tomato's are doing great, so moved them to the green house along with two sorts of Leek and two sorts of Little Gem Lettuce one ordinary and the other a red one.

P1200742.jpeg.a57f657646ca935b03452afdfdf9e49d.jpeg

Thought I would plant a couple of Tomato's as I have more than enough plants. So I grow then in large pot sunk into the soil almost flush with the ground.

P1200745.jpeg.cca33987df84b09a792b097055b8df03.jpeg

I then put bit of crock in the bottom and fill to about one third to half way. Then plant the Tom, as it grows I will add more compost mix taking any leaves off that would get buried. This method gives my a better root structure IMO.

P1200747.jpeg.addb43dfb88fb0c4192bd7811e86b5d1.jpeg

P1200748.jpeg.58a8af04ac84fc12e293c8cb9df04f9b.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Arry where do you start your seedlings off, I only just planted my tomatoes last weekend also planted some spring onions will do

leeks later this week, I don't have a greenhouse so use cold frame

41 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Arry where do you start your seedlings off, I only just planted my tomatoes last weekend also planted some spring onions will do

leeks later this week, I don't have a greenhouse so use cold frame

I'm very lucky mate I have a south facing bay window which is brilliant for starting stuff off. Started the Tom's off think it was the 10th of Feb for most and Shirley went in 2 days later. Alway start them about the middle of Feb if you go back a page theres some pics when they came up. yours will will catch up mate but its surprising how quickly it all comes around. I'll bring the Tom's back in if it does go cold and the two I planted will chuck some fleece over them. It was different last year mind we still had snow Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arry said:

I'm very lucky mate I have a south facing bay window which is brilliant for starting stuff off. Started the Tom's off think it was the 10th of Feb for most and Shirley went in 2 days later. Alway start them about the middle of Feb if you go back a page theres some pics when they came up. yours will will catch up mate but its surprising how quickly it all comes around. I'll bring the Tom's back in if it does go cold and the two I planted will chuck some fleece over them. It was different last year mind we still had snow Lol.

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry will have to remember this for next year?

• Like 2