So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

On 21/08/2018 at 20:59, green lurchers said:

Are they apache ?  You can string them up or make chilli jam  plenty ways to keep them for cooking thru the year plenty info on the net 

17995A5D-6445-475A-89E3-D7AACA612CC6.jpeg

Looks good that lot GL! Any chance you could save me a few seeds? I’ve got a poly tunnel frame I’m gonna get set up for next year  8.5mtr x 16mtr and I’m wanting as many different kinds of chilli as I can lol gonna do some toms to but I’ve no experience with anything else lol 

• Like 2

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Hi geezer. How's you and yours? I'm afraid that with my brother no longer with us there seems little need for me to come up. Just seen your post re: chillis. I've got three breeds going which vary from hot to hotter. Send me your details again and I'll send some pods up. How's the fishing? Jok.

• Thanks 1
On 22/08/2018 at 20:43, DIDO.1 said:

Will these be OK hung in the kitchen? 

DSC_0677.JPG

That’s a nice string ?some big pods don’t need direct sun but I’m thinking them apaches be fine , I normally dry mine in aring cupboard but they ate far bigger than Apache ? if I’m drying for chilli oil or flakes  I cut them up and leave on dash in the sun or put them in top oven check reg if the near toasted they done good luck 

595032BA-9E8C-4B0A-A155-2A59FC06D6CD.png

C39DD725-DAFF-4FA6-8B03-8F5C76D1D1D2.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
On 22/08/2018 at 22:06, terryd said:

they look stunning. Got few chilli me self in green house starting ripe. Have lots gut probs though of late so trying watch me diet so whack down chilli's might not be best idea :laugh:

Have a read up on the net thers plenty good from eating chillis ?

On 24/08/2018 at 08:00, air gun ant said:

Looks good that lot GL! Any chance you could save me a few seeds? I’ve got a poly tunnel frame I’m gonna get set up for next year  8.5mtr x 16mtr and I’m wanting as many different kinds of chilli as I can lol gonna do some toms to but I’ve no experience with anything else lol 

If you order plugs on line it puts you in front they turn up in mar/ April ready to go 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

If you order plugs on line it puts you in front they turn up in mar/ April ready to go 

I don't grow Chillies but put my Tomato's in about the second week in Feb with heat underneath. There up about a week later I then keep them inside in a bay window, you get a real good start that way and you could use your own seed. In the past I've grown the woosy birds eyes chillies it work on them. Worth a try mate.

Cheers Arry

Looks like a good year for fruit, mine have picked up a lot since the heat wave passed.   

The Golden Delicious have come good.

100_7258.thumb.JPG.424bafab4aa32b5c034434463d82501c.JPG

The Victoria Plums are going well now, so they're going to made into jam.

100_7261.thumb.JPG.1eabfe881ff095b84bc2a33e302aa5f3.JPG

The cookers are fattening up, will get them picked and boxed up for Winter tarts and crumbles.

100_7262.thumb.JPG.8dae0ea1bb0deec91ea8723e8dd44d0c.JPG

Pears are nearly ready.

100_7260.thumb.JPG.27519d7f0a735b8ee7cb7b2e5788b870.JPG

My strawbs are getting a bit old now, so it's time to train some runners for planting next spring.

100_7263.thumb.JPG.b84198d03b01300f9bfe62a3e2253cb6.JPG

Also been collecting seed for planting up next spring, nothing like free plants.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of of a link earlier I think about hot chillis. I think I must have stumbled on something outrageous. All I did was cut the damned thing in half, washed my hands, had a piss and the world exploded. I' m on fire. 

• Haha 3

On a healthy note. I'm ok. However, the future son in law came round and mentioned he was partial to chillis. Gave him half of a ghost naga which he nonchentally chewed before, within seconds, his world exploded. Milk was no help as it took over his functions which to be fair gave us a bit of a howl. Poor lad was in bits for quite a while. He, appparantley, has put it on Facebook not to come any where near my kitchen. Jok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4