So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

22 hours ago, green lurchers said:

bad ass chillies ? just waiting for a few to ripen up I’ve tasted most of them inc the butch t scorpion and naga they are insanely hot the Habs and fatalias we been eating with salads the reapers are starting to glow red  

6B6A65CC-25AC-4A3A-8C49-019F08C263DF.jpeg

A82489F7-245C-463A-8FA5-10F3779D9292.jpeg

60ABA818-5977-4BD5-AB3B-A21C416E649D.jpeg

49C4F094-46C1-42CD-9DD7-75A2495B11D9.jpeg

Nice crop there GL, look nice and healthy. Not for me though mate, don't know about "Bad ass Chillies". I'd be dragging my ass across a dewy lawn in the morning if I ate one of them things Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

First year growing from seed and quite chuffed a nice mixture of sizes and not one bolted. Saying that not one bolted from sets either so they were all happy this yea

44060507542_e3d252e2b1_b.jpg

the amount of stuff coming off is silly lol. The red russian kale is delicious fried much better than nero. Even the smell picking it I love.

44060505882_509c2c2708_b.jpg

• Like 2

Nice one Terry and all of you. I agree, there is a hell of a lot coming off even though the drought has been a bit tough. Some veg have gone mad whilst others really struggled. Forget brassicas in our area. However, all in all I'm impressed and everyone down the local have been enjoying a good variety of veg. On a side note. Whilst driving round a local motorway island the other day, I was surprised to see a shit load of sloes and they are coloured up. Is everything early? Jok.

1 hour ago, jok said:

Nice one Terry and all of you. I agree, there is a hell of a lot coming off even though the drought has been a bit tough. Some veg have gone mad whilst others really struggled. Forget brassicas in our area. However, all in all I'm impressed and everyone down the local have been enjoying a good variety of veg. On a side note. Whilst driving round a local motorway island the other day, I was surprised to see a shit load of sloes and they are coloured up. Is everything early? Jok.

yes your right every thing seems early 

A heads up. We have started using raised boxes to grow our carrots. The results are fantastic. No carrot fly damage at all and really good  carrots. I was, at one point, totally against this type of growing being brought up on the farm and with traditional tendencies . How short sighted I have been. Now however, not only am I growing carrots this way but strangely, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and in fact bringing on cabbage, cauliflower and beetroot from seed. It's a new dimension to me but the results are very good. Jok.

3 minutes ago, jok said:

A heads up. We have started using raised boxes to grow our carrots. The results are fantastic. No carrot fly damage at all and really good  carrots. I was, at one point, totally against this type of growing being brought up on the farm and with traditional tendencies . How short sighted I have been. Now however, not only am I growing carrots this way but strangely, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and in fact bringing on cabbage, cauliflower and beetroot from seed. It's a new dimension to me but the results are very good. Jok.

sort a pic of these boxes jok be interested to see

• Like 1

Still to ripe Borg 9, the devils breath and moruga scorpion missing from the line up but we got green naga and butch t orange hab  red  c reaper yellow fatalia little Peruvian white hab , chocolate Douglah on right and choc hab left a great year for heat and numbers of pods ??

6D4BC656-730D-4E87-904B-BB0729F97C57.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers