So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

Looking good arry 

still to sow my runners 

I use six bog rolls in a mushroom container for runners works really well have a look in the photo. Been stagger them six one week then two weeks later another six trying to draw out cropping. Dug up the old tubers from last year which just had straw over them, thought they would be dead, been under nine inches of snow twice but they looked quite good. So put them in some damp peat in the green house and some are shooting I can't believe it. 

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1

These are a couple of last years Runner Bean tubers (Armstrong variety) supposed to be good tasting, well not sure if they were any better than any other to be honest. They were in the ground all through the winter just under old ferret straw bedding, dug them up thinking they would be dead but looked okay. So put them in some damp peat in the green house and they have started to shoot and if you see there are seven or eight shoots not just the one you get from a new bean. Trouble is put in all new seed  and their doing well, just have to slot a few in between and try and give the rest away.

P1200040.thumb.JPG.0c17c6ea7dd7d5247432bba364b3e860.JPG

P1200037.thumb.JPG.f9ce45fa486d8304d2789939924929c2.JPG

Cheers Arry

Eh up son. Wondered where you had got to. Just spent another 5 hours down mine and all in all looking pretty good. First time ever I'm trying sweet potato. Also, for a change, trying some boxes. I'm going to have to size down I think as it's a hell of a lot of work. Another week or so and I'll put on some pics. Hope all's well. Jok.

• Like 2

Guys any body know if these are Sweet potato plugs theres no label ? A mate dropped them around and said he had left some Asparagus corns and six Asparagus plant, well there clearly not Asparagus. My guess they are Sweet potato may be a purple one, but I don't know i've never grown them before

IMG_0973.thumb.jpg.71728c143fd4defa5aaaffcc9e7fcf4a.jpg

Cheers Arry. 

On 19 May 2018 at 15:52, jok said:

I'd say you can put money on it pal. Just put one in myself and got fingers and toes crossed because never tried before. Jok. 

Your a diamond Jok been looking on line for about two hour and it was the closest match. I've never grown them also and now spent more time looking how to grown them and how far apart.  Apparently you can eat the leaves as well and really good for so thats a plus. Thanks Jok.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry