So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

On 03/03/2018 at 09:14, Jamie m said:

Don’t think I will be sowing the parsnip seed to early this March ?? excited to , as I got my allotment to to late for a lot of stiluff last year , all ready to go this year , 

Try chitting the seeds somewhere warm on damp kitchen roll. They take ages so it can give you a head start. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

22 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Two buckets of first earlies. Some dahlias. Peas, sweet peas and pumpkins. A couple of giant sunflowers for the boys. 

DSC_0195.JPG

Them potatoes want taking out the glasshouse .. how many seed potatoes did you put in each bucket ?

54 minutes ago, Chid said:

Them potatoes want taking out the glasshouse .. how many seed potatoes did you put in each bucket ?

I put 3 in each, the buckets are bigger than they look. Iv only put them in the greenhouse for the weekend cos of the promised snow.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well you guys. As you know I regularly have a little comment to make on this forum. I went down today with good intention and to be honest was surprised at how cold the soil is. I had intended to put a row of parsnip in but there was no point. I did put  two more rows of earlies in and set some bits and pieces in the greenhouse but other than that it , at the moment, is hopeless. Jok.

Is it too early to put the tomatoes in the greenhouse? I have quite a few grown on kitchen windowsill that need potting on shortly but I was wondering if they would be ok to go straight in grow bags in green house now.

Also there are 4 cucumber plants that could do with potting on I think. 

Don' wana put em in greenhouse and lose em.

20180402_084107.jpg

Dunno might be bit cold unheated that’s the joy, sow to early an the plants get to big an it’s a gamble to plant out then,see loads do it with spuds and runner beans then they get nipped by the frost.

grounds soaked here so no gardening or allotment ,normally I dig it over Easter holidays .

yesterday was fine but Parents were up though I dug a rhubarb crown up out back as dad had lost one and I had plenty.