So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

6 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

My seeds arrived today ,most of its it planting April/may but will get the peas sown in greenhouse . Still got to buy some tomato seeds as well.

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

Check out premier seeds direct guys ?? Use them all the time , can’t complain so far 

Onions planted as seed in November and so far re-potted twice. Should be going in about 3 weeks time Leek cabbage and cauliflower put in 3 weeks ago but a bit spindly. I put my first earlies in on March 9th last year but got clobbered by the frost so going to leave them a bit longer. Jok.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
On 20/02/2018 at 20:57, DIDO.1 said:

Iv just put some sweet peas and some tomatoes in the propagator. 

I planted my winter onions and garlic ages ago and they look good. It's just occurred to me though that the soil I planted em in was a bit poor. Is there a fertiliser I should be looking to add? It was my new plot and an old poor bed but I was in a rush to get something in

A seaweed feed is what I’d put in 

• Thanks 1
On 22/02/2018 at 17:45, DIDO.1 said:

Just chitting a handful of first earlies on the window cill.....gonna put em in tubs in the greenhouse. 

DSC_0179.JPG

Why in the greenhouse?

im chitting some Maris bairds ready to go in 

8 hours ago, Chid said:

Why in the greenhouse?

im chitting some Maris bairds ready to go in 

It was just to protect them from any late bad weather.....but by the time they are ready they can probably go straight out now anyway 

2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

It was just to protect them from any late bad weather.....but by the time they are ready they can probably go straight out now anyway 

? potatoes in the greenhouse is a bad idea , there more susceptible to blite due to the warm humid conditions.. if your planting them in pots they’ll be grand outside 

• Like 1