So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

Gone down my allotment for a check an the wanker neighbour  who spray weedkiller over mine last year , has put up mesh along the fence line .Dug up bits of my plot that I had ready to plant an left chunks of soil there, flattened other broken paving slabs an covered others in soil ffs I dunno whether to ask to move plots ,but the empty ones are overgrown or just jack it in. 

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Gone down my allotment for a check an the wanker neighbour  who spray weedkiller over mine last year , has put up mesh along the fence line .Dug up bits of my plot that I had ready to plant an left chunks of soil there, flattened other broken paving slabs an covered others in soil ffs I dunno whether to ask to move plots ,but the empty ones are overgrown or just jack it in. 

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

So has he pinched some of your plot or just made a mess putting up the wire. Anyway mate hang in there you have worked hard on that plot. Theres always something to try you patience gardening.

Cheers Arry

47 minutes ago, Arry said:

So has he pinched some of your plot or just made a mess putting up the wire. Anyway mate hang in there you have worked hard on that plot. Theres always something to try you patience gardening.

Cheers Arry

Just made a mess , an ruined me path, I assumed he would had courtesy to ask before he came round on my bit.

36 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Just made a mess , an ruined me path, I assumed he would had courtesy to ask before he came round on my bit.

What goes round comes round mate you will get your chance to get your own back. Probably jealous of what you have achieved the asshole.

Cheers Arry

32 minutes ago, Arry said:

What goes round comes round mate you will get your chance to get your own back. Probably jealous of what you have achieved the asshole.

Cheers Arry

Na his is better looking ?Think he's one of these pompous twats that can just do as he wants, fingers crossed his narrow boat sinks ?

• Like 1

as said dont jack it in because of some prick.

you have put some amount of work into what you have got so far.

why stop doing what you enjoy.

ask him to repair the damage hes done.

and as for sparying weed killer on you veg plot is bloody stupid and irresponsible and dangerous.

hang in there.

atb j

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jetro said:

as said dont jack it in because of some prick.

you have put some amount of work into what you have got so far.

why stop doing what you enjoy.

ask him to repair the damage hes done.

and as for sparying weed killer on you veg plot is bloody stupid and irresponsible and dangerous.

hang in there.

atb j

Cheers it's not like it was overgrown ,he done it as he's to lazy to pull the bindweed up his side.

overgrown or not it was yours. what if some child, yourself or your dog got sick because of his laziness.

i have seen this type of thing happen before. a person put out weedkiller against a neighbours wall, which had kennells behind it.

he lost 3 dogs because of it. you cant be too careful with this stuff.

also your paying for your allotment, he broke something on it he should replace or pay to have it repaired and replaced..

its the point of the matter.

atb j

13 minutes ago, jetro said:

overgrown or not it was yours. what if some child, yourself or your dog got sick because of his laziness.

i have seen this type of thing happen before. a person put out weedkiller against a neighbours wall, which had kennells behind it.

he lost 3 dogs because of it. you cant be too careful with this stuff.

also your paying for your allotment, he broke something on it he should replace or pay to have it repaired and replaced..

its the point of the matter.

atb j

I am wondering if they have angled the mesh underneath my plot as can't work out why they have dug that far back,going take spade down next time an have a dig around.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomato seed in today.

Sungold 

Golden Sunrise

Mountain magic

Crimson crush

Sweet aperitif

Tigerella

Won't grow them all on some are old seed just put them in to use them up and I give most away anyway always sow to many. I think mostly Sungold but two new ones to me Mountain Magic and Crimson Crush which are blight resistant, any body grew them in a glass house last year?

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, terryd said:

Nice one Arry holding back my self as its a pain starting early. Only got small window sill

I'm really lucky i've a south facing bay window the i use to start seeds only trouble is the wife has got into growing flowers for the front garden so its going to be a fight for the space. Lol

Cheers Arry