So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

We went out for our evening poke about in the greenhouse and just discovered 4 cucumbers hiding down the side of the pot on top of the two we are cropping tonight, last night I was just saying how the cucumbers seemed to have died down a bit :laugh: The wife finally got her way and bought a spiralizer which she is going to use to make courgette noodles tonight

• Like 1

anyone doing outdoor tomatoes

I never have no luck always get blight on them,sometimes do cherry toms in a hanging basket.

I had a lucky year some time ago with out door toms.

15234560802_830e4f65b7_c.jpg

but ever since failed dismally due to blight so this year have tried a blight resistant variety called crimson crush http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/Vegetable+Seeds/Popular+Vegetable+Seeds/Salad/Tomato+Seeds+-+F1+Crimson+Crush_182440.htm

and so far looking ok not we have had any blight as of yet

34667327934_45861fb5b3_c.jpg

A few carrots and a sparse row of parsley hanging in there

34698978663_372d4c4b01_c.jpg

I do like my chard and lettuce coming out my ears

35469161436_0641cf5080_c.jpg

every thing else looks happy so far

35122145130_37bf49525d_c.jpg

34698989733_d535a70aa8_c.jpg

35508362755_f9b41b82a1_c.jpg

well maybe not every thing :laugh: According to google because that row is a tall variety they may have just exhausted that bit of ground. Lesson learnt there

35508394665_470686e16e_c.jpg

35122160050_49eabc87f6_c.jpg

been on the jam making tonight :thumbs:

Edited by terryd
  • Like 5

Terry. No mate definitely not. Thing is, other people, mainly family will not either. By the way, the Air Ambulance also get quite a bit of help from me. The guys love the produce and don't mind dipping in. What do you reckon on the black peas? Jok.

Can't remember son. They are a lovely veg which I had in a seed collection from Seeds UK I think, Gotham, Nottingham. Actually, all there product has come good and apart from potatoes and onion plants which I've sourced locally , I'm well impressed. Jok.

That looks amazing Jok, after seeing some of the pictures on here and feeling more confident after some success I am looking forward to expanding our vegi plots next year. I think a poly tunnel/tent or another greenhouse is on the cards and maybe put planters/pots for veg over the septic where the soil is probably very shallow.

• Like 1

pigeons do a lot of damage. I never realised how much until I caught the buggers at it. Nothing is safe really and I never have me dam catty with me when i need it lol.

Any thing I am not prepare to lose I net or cover some how.

I planted out some beets and lettuce the other night and threw some mesh over them as I didn't have time for the scaffold net and they wouldn't last a day with out some thing

35535618706_da59990f8e_c.jpg

they seem to leave me leeks alone i think but thats about it

Edited by terryd

Just on with pickleing my first beets picked one row to night and think will get about 20 jars out of it another row to pick tomorrow night then a 2 week break, iv got 2 pressure cookers on the go !

Try them roasted lovely or make borsht soup very nice , can great them raw onto salads , it's a very versatile veg ,