So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Strange you should say that but when you look through the narratives, many are taken in the wrong context. What I think is what I say but by gum it causes some grief. That aside, hopefully that last spat didn't do any damage as most of us held off planting for a couple of weeks. And by the way, come and dig mine anytime. Jok.

Bit of rotavating tonight. Clean air filter and new plug the old girl started first pull and performed perfectly well chuffed :)

25923643464_d083824edd_c.jpg

picked some rhubarb and purple sprouting. One plot done now to start on the second

Yes cracking weather unfortunately work all day then busy this evening with the dog so it will be tomorrow for me for a plot visit.

Got a couple of 1 ton builders bags. I read some where about chucking your weeds and compost stuff in them whack a couple of squash on top then when they are done a bit of winter veg. Then cover for a month or two and you got nice compost. In reality sure I will end up with a 1 ton bag full of stingers and other weeds :laugh:

Yes cracking weather unfortunately work all day then busy this evening with the dog so it will be tomorrow for me for a plot visit.

Got a couple of 1 ton builders bags. I read some where about chucking your weeds and compost stuff in them whack a couple of squash on top then when they are done a bit of winter veg. Then cover for a month or two and you got nice compost. In reality sure I will end up with a 1 ton bag full of stingers and other weeds :laugh:

Just had a look and this one is the simplest to follow, looks good.

http://bluewisteria.co.uk/tools/compost.php

TC

Just had a look and this one is the simplest to follow, looks good.

http://bluewisteria.co.uk/tools/compost.php

TC

Perfect just the ticket :thumbs:

Made the most important delivery to the allotment today. 12 gas canisters for the morning brew and bacon butties. Even bought a new stove. Whistling kettle. Schools out on volume of beer. Oh I do love that place.

• Like 1