So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

tatties are brewing, strawberries are in, onions, shallots and garlic are in the green house at the moment :thumbs:

just learning but there are some decent ole kids on the allotment who grow some decent stuff and they all say the others are doing it wrong :laugh::laugh:

creases me up :laugh: total comedy :thumbs:

Oh yes! My friend is like that. We were only talking about the potatoes we planted last year. I put mine in the ground St Patricks day, fingers were blue with the cold. I got a very good yield of nice spuds. All he could say is how stunted they were at the start and how no one should do what I did.

I got lots of spuds, what's the fupping problem :laugh:

I didn't bother to mention to him how my maincrop were handful size when he went to his patch and could not get a feed for just himself, no doubt I done something wrong there too :laugh:

HAHAHA I have a few allotments and everyone there said how my spuds were in far to early and that they would definatly get blight later on because of this. When it came to harvest, blight free i might add, they were the biggest I had ever seen!! Never seen spuds like it. :laugh:

• Like 1

just had the spuds "juliette" did us proud last year and shallots "jermor" new variety for us delivered ! i started the onions and shallots in modules last year but nearly everything in the garden bolted so not sure what to do this year about starting them early ! when do you guys start chitting your spuds ? in all fairness dont think they will be out anytime yet with this weather ,raised beds but so much rain !

Watch the local farmers. They aren't often wrong. When you see them destoneing it's time to get the main crop in. I usually put my first earliest out in about 2 weeks but with the lack of cold they have all started anyway. Reckon to plant after its week March getting ready to cover up if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't suppose any of you have to put up with marauding Baboons into your Veggie patch!!??

On the first plot i got nearly 30 years ago used to get marauding scumbags who used to smash up the greenhouses and burn the sheds down maybe worse than baboons. :angry:

• Like 2

Don't they say soak the peas in paraffin ? Or is that old wives tale??

I tried that last year and it worked only for about 15-20 seconds and I also put a paraffin soaked rag or two along the row and it seemed to do the trick oh and I planted heavy. If I didn't use some thing I lost the lot