So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Well the marrow and ginger jam was big hit family was very dubious till they tasted it and I was. Can't see it getting a chance to mature . But tastes like a marmalade very nice :thumbs:

14809425734_e613e2ab19_b.jpg

Sweet corn cobs are starting to form down the plot too

• Like 4

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Well the marrow and ginger jam was big hit family was very dubious till they tasted it and I was. Can't see it getting a chance to mature . But tastes like a marmalade very nice :thumbs:

unusual jam terry ive only done raspberry.blackcurrant,redcurrant is the cake homemade it looks good enough to eat. :thumbs:

unusual jam terry ive only done raspberry.blackcurrant,redcurrant is the cake homemade it looks good enough to eat. :thumbs:

yea I made cake this morning easy recipe from here. Bit of butter and a cuppa :thumbs:

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/food/recipes/fruit-tea-loaf/

• Like 1

yea I made cake this morning easy recipe from here. Bit of butter and a cuppa :thumbs:

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/food/recipes/fruit-tea-loaf/

Thanks terry i get one of them made ;)

Some of my tom's have got blossom end rot the b*****ds

Had it myself over the years google blossom end rot it will give you loads of preventative measures that will come in useful if you grow them again next year. :thumbs:

I'm gonna set up drip irrigation next year, I think mine have got it from being watered a load in one or two goes rather than steadily throughout the day especially with the hot weather we've had recently?

• Like 1

Mine have got that too gnipper same as you been dousing them with bucket of water when I get home and they bone dry all day. In hind site a good mulch according to google would be good option. Had a blight alert for my postcode anyway now

Spuds are in the bag so good job they got in early :)

Handy site this one http://www.blightwatch.co.uk/content/bw-Home.asp

They text you for free to let you know when there is a Smith Period in your area

The tassels on my corn have just started to droop with the weight of the pollen I'll help with the pollination aswell when the hairs come out on the ears. Hopefully be getting some corn in about 2 weeks.

IMG_6169.jpg

The ears are developing nicely.......I think. :D

IMG_6166.jpg

IMG_6162.jpg

• Like 4