Mole Trappers Pbs

Fastest. Within two minutes, not good though as customer v upset by seeing mole not as dead as would have liked, never been asked back.

Deepest. Nearly two and a half feet in heavy compacted granite strewn soil, never again thank-you.

Most memorable. When I first set out full time, caught all others in this peed field very quick, last one gave me the run around for a fortnight, farmer thought highly amusing, got so desperate that I waited with a shovel for a couple of hours, flicked him out and battered the barsteward.

Eh? They wanted the mole clearing but were upset at seeing it in the trap? Was it makign a noise or soemthing? Never heard a mole make a noise before so I don't know if they are vocal or not.

The dig is almost on par with ferreting depths.

Was it the mole or the rip taking farmer you flick and blugeoned with the shovel? :D :D :D

Trap went off as i was checking the previous days work, obviously pulled out a live and rather large mole. I was extremely suprised at just how vocal they are! Alot of squeeking and teeth baring.

Trap went off as i was checking the previous days work, obviously pulled out a live and rather large mole. I was extremely suprised at just how vocal they are! Alot of squeeking and teeth baring.

So how did you finish the blighter off, just whack it on the bonce?

A shame you haven't been called back if there was more work there as all in all it proved you could catch and rid them of the issue as proved in person.

I get a good few a season with the spade. when the mole hill is moving drive spade in and scoop them out.

I'm going to have to switch to a spade I think or a modified one as all this digging with the trowel is killing my wrist - I work in I.T so suffer from RSI, not from disciplining the primate :huh:

I have had one go off nearby me while setting others,deepest about a foot and half in sand,most memorable was the first I cought in scissor trap took ages before I caught one in them,couldnt seem to get them right, still wont use them,although the talpex is very good I use those,

I've caught a live one as I was putting the trap in, trap in one hand mole in the other, caught quite a few as I'm putting the soil on top, some before I put the soil on top.. Deepest was the length of my arm, some say I got short arms and deep pockets, (when in the pub) can't believe all you hear !

best one was the first coloured one !!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Fastest. Within two minutes, not good though as customer v upset by seeing mole not as dead as would have liked, never been asked back.

Deepest. Nearly two and a half feet in heavy compacted granite strewn soil, never again thank-you.

Most memorable. When I first set out full time, caught all others in this peed field very quick, last one gave me the run around for a fortnight, farmer thought highly amusing, got so desperate that I waited with a shovel for a couple of hours, flicked him out and battered the barsteward.

when i worked as a greenkeeper-i used a 4 iron and would wait for movement next to the hills-whack-happy gilmore the little fucks-7 was my best morning with the club-caught 12 in 1 day with traps-the oldboy who worked there would use his .410 and blast the hills-we didnt suffer to bad with moles really,atb bobby

• 2 weeks later...

when i worked as a greenkeeper-i used a 4 iron and would wait for movement next to the hills-whack-happy gilmore the little fucks-7 was my best morning with the club-caught 12 in 1 day with traps-the oldboy who worked there would use his .410 and blast the hills-we didnt suffer to bad with moles really,atb bobby

my best ever 8 moles out of the same hole, two doubles and 5 of them had ginger patches

I've had about half a dozen this week in minutes of laying the trap. When i see them pushing soil and the hills are in a stright line...i quickley set a trap a few hills behind them then by the time i've set the next trap i've cought the one i set minutes before.

Also, i always set traps in the highways that run inbetween fence posts or along the hedge lines and last week i had four in just a few days from the same run. This is my favourate way of catching as its also prevention rather than cure. Once i get the moles out of the fields, i set traps along the bounderies, this way they dont even make it to the feeding ground and make a mess.

Deepest almost upto my shoulder, i find the ones on hills are usually deeper than most.

Ive pulled out a few live ones this week and one was even squeeling as it had tryed to get around the trap and got its front shovel cought, i filmed it on my phone :icon_eek:

Marty

Edited by Probuk

Fastest mole was when i set the trap and was covering it over with muck and thought id set it off accidentaly but it was a mole at the very end of a run trying to make a run for it (literally). Only happened once but heard of faster.

Deepest mole- Really not sure but not particularly deep.

Best mole - a farmer said his dad was a pro moler and said there was a mole in his dads garden that dad simply couldnt catch. He bet me a bottle of scotch i couldnt catch it and i did 2 days later- Result.