Saluki Whippet Grey

anyone worked a saluki whippet greyhound for ferreting and lamping? as im new to the site and looking at getting a lurcher for two of them things ,, im only 20 but been ferreting for 6 years now and fishing ,, would like to recruit a dog to do those things with :) heard a saluki whippet grey has un real pace or shall i get a beddy whippet grey??

Imo if you've never had a lurcher, a saluki x couldbe a bad idea. The saluki is a sulky, head strong, ignorant breed. Don't get me wrong they have their place and do a good job but for a neewbie could either end up with you put off or ruined dog. There is some saluki crosses that are bob on very loyal inteligent and you won't have a problem. A whipxgrey or beddxgrey would be a good starting dog spcially for bunnys and or ferreting dog

Atb Scott

• Like 1

I agree with some of the lads, saluki crosses can be a bit of a pain, saying that, all dogs can be b*****ds at times. Whichever cross you decide to get, make sure the parents are good at the job that you want the pup for so in your case lamping and ferreting. A pup with good feet is important too as there is nothing more annoying than having a laid up dog all the time.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though fella :thumbs:

• Like 1