Dog Game

This is for old school lads who have been there have you still.got the drive for the hunt or is it best left to the younger generation to enyoy

It seems to be the trend that old c**ts move on to whippets and flat caps....... Ain't that right Paulus & Stan? :D

• Like 1

i would walk half the young ones in to the floor. drive young ones do not have it unless there driving the fields :D

Haha id give you a walk for your money. Lol.

It's true through, I've been out with a few lads my age who couldn't hack a good walk and wanted to drive everywhere.

We were out best part of 5 hours Sunday and only used the motor to get to and from where we were going. Can't beat a good mooch when your legs hurt the next day :thumbs:

• Like 1

This is for old school lads who have been there have you still.got the drive for the hunt or is it best left to the younger generation to enyoy

It seems to be the trend that old c**ts move on to whippets and flat caps....... Ain't that right Paulus & Stan? :D

whippets are the future, the present and the past :laugh:

Been out with a couple of lads younger than me warned before we went out one lasted half a hour then headed back to the motor .Other one one was bumming this is no bother could do this all nite next hill he was giving my legs cant do this can we will just head home :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 2

I am 44 is that young or old but I still walk the fields would not think of driving um, you mis to much and more chance of getting a pull..atb

never driven fields its all hills round our way cant get anywhere without walking up hills im 51 and think its running the dogs that keeps you reasonable fit some of the boys i know will no even road walk there dogs straight into the car then out to chase atb and keep at it :thumbs:
  • Like 1

thats true for me anyhow, been round running dogs for a long time now,father hunted his before him the same, as a kid lived to hunt, hated summer looked forward to the dark windy nights of winter, lamped coursed dug, good times, sometimes i think i overdosed on it and then again the people you used to hunt with get older and move on , a bit of mooching does me now, wind is colder now, barb-wire is sharper, ditches are taller and wider i swear :laugh:

priorities change, love to see a good chase but not going to lose any sleep to see it any more, don't need to prove anything to anyone, not interested in the my dog is better than yours stuff, my interest always lay in what the dog and I could accomplish together,

the problem with the lurcher game now is that all the young lads want the perfect working dog before having an understanding of any dog, if its not right chuck it, shelters are full of running dogs now and lads are trying to bred their way to the perfect dog with bitches dropping pups everywhere but the thing is no matter what dog they have the problem lies in them , no matter what dogs some lads have they will always find a way to make a bollox of it,

• Like 8

thats true for me anyhow, been round running dogs for a long time now,father hunted his before him the same, as a kid lived to hunt, hated summer looked forward to the dark windy nights of winter, lamped coursed dug, good times, sometimes i think i overdosed on it and then again the people you used to hunt with get older and move on , a bit of mooching does me now, wind is colder now, barb-wire is sharper, ditches are taller and wider i swear :laugh:

priorities change, love to see a good chase but not going to lose any sleep to see it any more, don't need to prove anything to anyone, not interested in the my dog is better than yours stuff, my interest always lay in what the dog and I could accomplish together,

the problem with the lurcher game now is that all the young lads want the perfect working dog before having an understanding of any dog, if its not right chuck it, shelters are full of running dogs now and lads are trying to bred their way to the perfect dog with bitches dropping pups everywhere but the thing is no matter what dog they have the problem lies in them , no matter what dogs some lads have they will always find a way to make a bollox of it,

One of the best posts I've read on here, well said mate.

My last couple trip's out i have been taking a younger lad with me of 16yr old..he is keen so i have been giving him a few pointer's on the way..he is a good little lad but he could just to say pick a bag of 9 gutted rabbit's up let alone carry them ungutted over fence's and field's like we have to do for god know's how long..i suppose he will get better with time.. :D

• Like 1