Another 1 1/2 Hour's And Her Best Yet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Condition's seemed ok to me so i had a little nip out on Ianb's land for a flick about with the Lil..i thought it was going to be a little too bright but the rain cloud's came over and the wind was gu

Here's Reggie..textbook here and for the most he is even with other dogs around..   Don..         Just hang on in there and I'm sure the penny will drop with Lil?

She will of been around 9 1/2mth old..she had been ferreting before hand prior to the lamping and nailed 2 easy one's and during the warmer mothes i went out a few times with the scatter gun and air r

Millet,how's her retrieving now? Her sire Don doesn't present them like he used to? I think it's with taking him with those b*****d terriers lol? He comes right to your feet but has started turning his head and making things a bit awkward especially if you've the lamp and a bag on your back..took him last night and apart from a handful he was on with that head turning malarkey...does my head in as he retrieves dummies,balls or anything else like a gundog..bit of summertime training required me thinks lol..just as I'm getting older I would prefer things a bit easier if possible :-(

Her retrieving could be improved Fuji.. :thumbs: ..at the begining of the night she is a little excitable and will run past me with them but as she settle's down she will bring them to within around 3ft from me...the further away she catches them the closer and quicker she will bring them to me.. :blink: ..she has put the odd one in my hand but not many..my main gripe and problem i will be working on is when she put's them down on the floor infront of me and then has to catch them again..i can live with it if she would kill the fecker's first before putting them down.. :D ..and like Don she will retrieve anything i throw for her to my hand..at the end of the day she is still puppyish and i will get a better judgment of her next season.. :victory:

• Like 1

Sounds nigh on identical to what Don done for the best part of his 1st season Millet..he keeps hold now but still the feckers ain't dead..I'd rather they were lol..our Deans dog Reggie bred nigh on identical to Lil still now and again does what Lil does,he will generally put them in your hand but for whatever reason on occasions he will do the fetch,drop at your feet and then have to recatch the b*****d..annoying if there's a field full because you can bet your bottom dollar the very time it'll do it is when there's more in the field lol...oh well atleast we ain't kidding ourselves that the mutts are perfect!..you've just got to make the best of it..if they can't or don't want to catch then thats when your in the shit haha...Atb Andy

• Like 3

To true Fuji make the best of what we have got.. :yes: ..and aslong as she keep's catching and getting them somewhere near i will be happy with that..the ratting is starting up for us next week..i'm toying with the idea of taking her to get her a bit harder mouthed.. :whistling:

I'd definitely take her Millet its all experience but like you said about Lil being puppyish Don was the same now he's older I can just tell him to keep a hold and he will but as an eager pup well he was just happy to catch a rabbit,run flat out back and spit it out and away after another..i am confident she will do the same as she matures..

• Like 1

She will be fine mate..i've been messing on with the dummy bunnie every couple of day's and she is acctualy jumping up at me with it..the penny will drop sooner or later..i am confident of that.. :thumbs:

• Like 1

She will be fine mate..i've been messing on with the dummy bunnie every couple of day's and she is acctualy jumping up at me with it..the penny will drop sooner or later..i am confident of that.. :thumbs:

I'm gonna go right back to basics with mine also..they like a bit of a game and playing about so they can play the old dummy game lol..just a refresher course...when the big dogs catch anything in the day if the terriers are present there ain't a cat in hells chance they are able to retrieve it..I think them little shits have set them back with their retrieving to be honest..Swift was probably the best Lurcher I've ever seen retrieve and even she has her moments now..not on the lamp but in the day,I reckon she thinks f**k it them little b*****ds will be here any second now to chew it up haha..Don loves carrying anything,I can get him to retrieve a ball,dummy etc then walk around behind me and sit or lay on command holding his prize right beside me..a bit of live gear and well that's a different story!!! Fecking lurchers aaaggghhh!!!!

• Like 1

Spots went pear shaped since i left, i'll be back in 2 week sort them all out haha!!

Nice one with the pup Millet, lovely looking thing she gets her looks from Reggie.

Are you coming home to get your mutts dolled up for the upcoming shows? Dean you know the craic there's men with dogs and then there's dog men haha

Nice one millet, she's a fine looking dog, I've enjoyed yours and johnny's posts on these 2 dogs....

I agree with you Fuji on the terriers not helping with retrieve, I've suffered the same with mine..... Dummy's and balls no worries... Rabbits not so good lol... You got to keep trying though..

ATB

Kev

• Like 2