Dog Nailed Me Ferret

Dog (not mine) went down hole and nailed me ferret yesterday,managed to get dog off but ferret had latched onto dogs lip and devils own job getting her to let go,both ok in the end though, reckon dog needs a bit more training,just hope me ferrets not deterred as her first time out.

Easier if you got ferrets yourself as they sort of get used to them,,the one that got mine was a bed/whippet so terriers in my opinion more difficult,my lurcher was dead easy also the amount of control you got over the dog,mind you this dog was apparently ok with ferrets,so maybe i have learned a lesson...well i defo have

Never worked any of my stinkers with dogs. Dnt know how they would react being honest. Glad both are ok though.

How would you introduce a ferret to a dog ....bound to attack if mine are anything to go by.

my ferrets sometimes nip at my dog when they come out the burrow all fired up, the dog just avoids them and walks away. she has been around them since 7 weeks, i made sure she saw them and was around them on the floor every day as a ferreting dog who cant be trusted around ferrets is worst than useless :laugh:

• Like 2

Does sound if the dog started it bet it will stay away from the ferrets the next time :laugh:

...or get better at it.

Aye it could go either way but if you start it as a pup a good bite from a ferret will scare it for life