Lurcher Not Striking

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its still a pup and your want to get rid ffs put some effort in asyou go ferreting why not save a few live rabbits and drop them for the lurcher in a big open field

WHY? What about some jail............dropping lives is illegal, even rats.....posts like that dont do us any favours

lol not unless the police are hiding in a hedge watching you

thats it pip you f*****g anti not going out with you ever again :laugh: some proper golden nuggets on here this lad is no anti one of the better lads on here :victory: dont you just love it on here every one is a anti if they do not agree with a comment :yes:

"most things we do are illegal but we do them regardless" If you cant see whats wrong with that mate i give up, your mate should have deleted his first post, posting ammunition for the opposition is just stupid and selfish, it affects everybody, i feel sorry for the younger lads theyve lost more than enough already.

I wasnt calling your mate an anti, but i know you know that, i said he "sounded like an anti" and he does, nice play on words "if they do not agree with a comment" im having a go at his comment advising a young lad [probably] to do something illegal and openly for anyone to see, as you well know!

PS the advice is shite anyway, its just not ready, not as bad as "tugofwar man though" f*****g classic, no wonder we are where we are :blink:

but you did err you sound like an anti ??? and whats wrong with a game of tug with a dead rabbit as red dawn said,to be honest i dont think huntings for you id take up another hobby :yes:

thats it pip you f*****g anti not going out with you ever again :laugh: some proper golden nuggets on here this lad is no anti one of the better lads on here :victory: dont you just love it on here every one is a anti if they do not agree with a comment :yes:

"most things we do are illegal but we do them regardless" If you cant see whats wrong with that mate i give up, your mate should have deleted his first post, posting ammunition for the opposition is just stupid and selfish, it affects everybody, i feel sorry for the younger lads theyve lost more than enough already.

I wasnt calling your mate an anti, but i know you know that, i said he "sounded like an anti" and he does, nice play on words "if they do not agree with a comment" im having a go at his comment advising a young lad [probably] to do something illegal and openly for anyone to see, as you well know!

PS the advice is shite anyway, its just not ready, not as bad as "tugofwar man though" f*****g classic, no wonder we are where we are :blink:

:laugh: :laugh: now now no need to spit your dummy out again is there and your advice is always right we bow to your wisdom :yes:

Just keep givin the antis free info mate, to selfish to admit when youre wrong :laugh: they cant take my 40 years worth of hunting memories off me, so why should i give a f**k :thumbs:

wrong about what :laugh: it was you calling people antis 40 years be about same as me then and as for free info think it as been on here lots of times and worse think you need to step back and chill a bit getting all worked up about what some one posted on here get out for a walk with the dog and add a few more memories to your 40 years worth. atvb. Edited by troter58
  • Like 1

20130202_220641_zps4ef76944.jpgYAHOO GUYS SHE HAS DONE IT Got her working she has lifted two on the lamp and one bolted by ferrets .

How we got her started I got a dummy the type the shooters use for spaniels teased her with it got her to retrive it then tied a bit string to it and dragged it while she chased the dummy letting her win and have it.

Then I wrapped the dummy in a rabbit skin tied it on with cable ties done the same until I sure she was comtfortable with fur in her mouth .

Then step to up to a dead rabbit getting her to grab and shake it when she was fired I brought the whippet into play she is bigger and stronger than the whippet so she ended up with the quarry boosting her confidence I took the rabiit of them then fed it to the two dogs

With this done and letting her carry the dead bunnies home and taking to her box for a tastey snack Took her lamping to a spot where the rabbits aren't lamp shy the first one was too close to the hedge the secoud coursed was a great course with her snapping but the bunny hit the cover the mate spotted another bunny straight away with her still loose in the field the mate lamped it at least 200 yard run up she got onto it an after 3 or for turn the strike a clean lift bringing it back live to hand I was near in tears with joy another slip she missed it then the next course the bunny hit the cover in she went in after it hitting the hedge hard coming out with the well deserved bunny in her mouth we did not want to lower her conidence ended the night shooting a couple for ferret food Took her out this morning ferreting while I was digging down to a rabbit in a stopend another bolted she and the whipett caught it together chuffed to bits lads .

Sammy

20130202_220641_zps4ef76944.jpg_220641_zps4ef7

20130202_162042_zps3373a7af.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulatios mate....its a really big deal when you are bringing a pup on and its learning the game...my young dog has had 4 runs turns them as there hitting cover but hasn't struck yet....I'm just waiting for the penny to drop......I can give ya pup a great pet hone if ya still want to get rid lmao.........be cool if you keep us posted with her progress.....

like i said at tme.... :laugh:

Thanks for the help folks I will be keeping on with the tug of war with the dead bunny letting her win and have it boost her confidance unfortantly the ferreting is about to stop for us too many cubs in the burrows might get a few more nights lampiing before finishing for the season