Which Terrier Is Best For Bushing/flushing Rabbits For My Whippets? Not Interested In Using It For Digs. Any Advice Welcome, Thanks.

• Dont know if this is any good but i have a 2 year old leggy smooth Patterdale dog, he is very good in the kennell and very obedient, i have dug to him 5 times but he is to big for my needs (Hunt Terrier work) and he killed his foxes which is no good to me.

He will bush all day and is fine with the Gun, dont think he will make a 100% digging dog as he struggles to find in big places......

I have tried to be as honest as possible and he will make someone a very good allround dog, he is bred out of 100% working stuff with some good names in his breeding, just not suited to my needs at the moment, and with 5 other dogs in the kennells he needs a new good home.

Herefordshire

£200.00

PM me for more info.

• 3 months later...

just out of interest gary how tall is your dog. the reason i ask is i have a plummer x which is about 15 tts give or take half inch and i was told by some fella that she was too big 4 a bushing dog. Even though i am fairly new to all this i am sure he is talking out fo his butt atb day walker

ive a few terriers and my best bushing terrier is 15 inch. not saying the guy is wrong just that i have experienced different.

just out of interest gary how tall is your dog. the reason i ask is i have a plummer x which is about 15 tts give or take half inch and i was told by some fella that she was too big 4 a bushing dog. Even though i am fairly new to all this i am sure he is talking out fo his butt atb day walker

ive a few terriers and my best bushing terrier is 15 inch. not saying the guy is wrong just that i have experienced different.

cleanspade , sent you a pm on moochers mate

• 4 years later...

I too would like to know people's opinions on the question asked. 

Which Terrier Is Best For Bushing/flushing Rabbits For My Whippets? Not Interested In Using It For Digs.

But all types, not necessarily just terriers.

Thanks

I've been using this one for bushing,noisey,sociable with other dogs and endless energy.good at flushing all game and loves rabbits,14inch.Gentle natured with me and family,not so with strangers,can be hard to live with when not working.

IMG_3175.JPG

Edited by Aussie Whip

A spaniel that’s trained to drop to flush would make sure your whippets just did the coursing but if it’s a terrier you want then go for a type that’s bright, not overly aggressive, and something that you like the look of.

• Like 1

My whippets catch rate as gone up loads since getting my bushing a bitch, she's bedlington whippet x Patterdale, she will go through any cover and a good ferreting bitch and ratter, I think a Bedlington would do what you want and more.. Atb 

• Like 1