How Do You Make Your Catty Ammo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would go for one of these moulds tho ther a lot cheaper http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330828892935?var=540121295367&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

thats the same mould i have good mould i found try slingshot forum mate there are some very helpfull people on there mate tutorials all sorts loads of designs on there in the shared design part i like

i have shot woodies at 40 yards but you have to be very acurate with those. marbles i use to use too but i baught 3000 ballbareing for £50 there is a link on hear somewher atom lab has the link for that price you get nearly 2000 balls more for the same price as you would spend on marbels so its good value ebay sell them thats where the link was

I can get moulds made ... I use 10mm lead These realy do fly better than the 12mm lead ones ,Another good reason to use 10mm lead balls is if your making them yourself its more shots nd less lead,,I melt old car battys down to make lead shot ..

i find steel best for target shooting and lead best for hunting due to the extrea weight , lead is approx double the weight of steel bb size for size . i use between 10mm and 16mm depending on quarry . them milbro type moulds are expensive unless your realy seriously into it , you want go far wrong with the cheaper ones of amazon , starting at £11.99 each . As already stated above an old camping stove , a tin can , and some clean scrap lead is all you need . Do it outside because the fumes given off are pretty toxic . I can easily knock a 1000 out in couple hours which should keep you going for a while . Id say 12mm would be a good all round size , but id favour 16mm for roosting pheasants ,