Help With Cut Ear

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bathing that in salt water with a few drops of tea tree oil 3 times a day would be far better and help it heal much quicker .......

Posted Images

it looks ok when they cut the end of there ears it always goes thicker on the end booth my beddys have thicker bits on the end of ears, its just scar tissue , tip if your dog only nips the ear its a bit brutal but it works strike a couple of matches and dab on the cut stops the bleeding straight away, only small cuts though

Bathing that in salt water with a few drops of tea tree oil 3 times a day would be far better and help it heal much quicker .......

Warm or cold saltwater?

put salt in a jug top up with boiling water and allow it to cool,

Recently had similar to this, the lurchers ear kept bleeding a serious amount during and after work, tried a few things with no effect at all

finally tried manuka honey the speed the ear healed was impressive!

Salt water is an excellent antiseptic, and promotes healing. It could be that the cream you are using is stopping the scab from forming properly. Handful of salt in a basin of warm water. Use a clean flannel or cloth to soak the wound. Don't make the salt solution too strong - at that strength it will do the job and not sting.

Also, and I don't know what anyone else thinks, but looking at the size of the wound I would have said it needed a stitch when it first happened. Easy to say afterwards, I know, and I'm not casting any blame. We've probably all had a tear in a dog and been unsure if it needed stitching or not.

Recently had similar to this, the lurchers ear kept bleeding a serious amount during and after work, tried a few things with no effect at all

finally tried manuka honey the speed the ear healed was impressive!

Manuka honey is great for wounds it has natural healing propeties and will speed up the healing process. Its been tried and tested and has a great sucess rate. I recommend it to anyone ATB :thumbs:

it looks ok when they cut the end of there ears it always goes thicker on the end booth my beddys have thicker bits on the end of ears, its just scar tissue , tip if your dog only nips the ear its a bit brutal but it works strike a couple of matches and dab on the cut stops the bleeding straight away, only small cuts though

Am i reading that correct..cut the tip of the ear off and burn it with a couple of matches.. :blink: :blink: