Wild Great Tit Need's Helping.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a picture Moll has sent me of it eating a mealworm shortly after getting back from the vet's..  

If you had payed money for it and it was in your aviary would you have the same veiw's..regardles of if it was mean't to be or blaa blaa blaa i have found it and it deserve's a chance to live..and tha

Been watching this Great tit in the garden struggling to feed..it was that hungry it was feeding on a crushed up fat ball about 2ft from me..so i have done what i think is correct and caught it up..it

Nice result :) Birds have a hard enough time of it just now, without being burdened with a beak like JD! :lol:

They tend to average out at about three years, in the wild, by the way. That's supposing they make it past the first weeks out of the nest. So there's no reason why that one shouldn't be extremely grateful for being given a new lease of life.

• Like 4

Well done and respect for you both in giving it a chance :victory:

When it get's released it will be much better than beating my chest and doing the hard man easy thing and necking it.. :yes:

There's a balance to be had mate and WE ALL should all know we have to give something back as well as take from mother nature :thumbs: .

There's a balance to be had mate and WE ALL should all know we have to give something back as well as take from mother nature :thumbs: .

Jesus! That's a hell of a lot of Great tits your gonna have to save then. :laugh:

Beak looks loads better. I'd like to see it carving out a grub, or on the nut feeder. I wonder how it will get on? Keep feeding it is probably best.

Just out of curiosity, how much did the vet charge, or did they do it for the love of tits? :D

And Millet, you're gonna need more than this to get into heaven.

Well done though mate.

Deffinitely a good feeling Para.. :yes: especially when you see them hungry and struggling to feed during these cold times let alone a one with a bad beak...just imagine a bowl full of your best food infront of you with your arm's tied up and a muzzle put on you.. :cray: .. that is what this little fellow must of been like....we where watching him struggle to feed prior to catching him and he was scrapping the floor side way's with his beak trying to pick stuff up that the other bird's had dropped..

Starvation and drowning are my 2 worst hate's for anything..i even save flies from from drowning my dog water bowl's.. :icon_eek:

Edited by Millet

well done millet/moll,,i would of done the same..

stick a coloured ring on it, and see if it hangs around..

I thought that but have had rung birds get hung up so it being a tit and a hanging/climbing feeder i'd say it's chances are quite strong on beinghung up so i wouldn't bother myself but i would try to get it as tame as possible and even get Moll to put it out in her aviary for a re weathering period if it's been inside and carry on feeding it and showing to feed off of hanging feeders etc and it may very well hang about outside and come to you.Now that would be extra special to have a wild bird come to your hand for sure.

• Like 2

Well done mate.

I'm amazed it didn't die of fright just being handled and getting the beak trimmed.

I keep goldies (cage bred) and I've seen them sometimes die in my hand of a heart attack just catching them up.

He must be a tough little bugger.

It's all to do with handling Jukel.. :thumbs: ..and for the record the little shit escaped out of his cage and then found his way out of the shed through the only smallest of gap's..he is a clever litle sod for sure and i'm sure he will make spring time.. :yes:

They is a feeder in one side of the garden that only he visited as the cat spook's the rest of them and with him being hungry he hammered it..Moll has told me earlier that a Great tit has been feeding on it again..i'm not 100% but i bet that is the same little fellow.. ;)

• Like 1