Update On Deaf Lurcher

Hi, lads, I. posted on here a while back asking for advice re a deaf lurcher left at my gate, and in a horrid state, and got lots of positive feedback and PMs so wanted post an update:

The lurcher, named her Daisy, has healed well and surpassed all expectations I had of her. The only issue has been with my terriers (spiteful little b*****ds they are) because she 'disrespects' their space, and can't hear the growls, she's got a few nasty nips but she keeps her distance now.

Temprement wise she is very afraid of anyone she dosn't know, and I never expected her to be a worker either, but I took her out on her own to a large area of fenced land south staffordshire area and she turned out to be a fantastic day time rabbit dog, I think she's compensated the deafness by being hyper-tuned to any tiny movement some of my other lurchers might not see.

She also solved a problem for me in that a feral cat has been anihilating the wild birds where I live, (I know cat gotta eat but there are rats, squirrels and pigeons aplenty) I have not been able get a clear shot at this thing as it's only about at night, and there is a lot of cover.

Daisy blundered into it, anyway she got it, heard the shriek was dead when I got to it.

I wouldn't take her on any 'real' outings with all the dogs, purely for her own safety, but so very glad I kept her, and thanks for the messages and advice, tried post a picture of her but computer says no

Joe

• Like 5