Lurchers That Dont Jump

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dogs jump no bother, and when on the chase will jump the obstacle, but depending on some fence situation/location I will choose to lift them over, a dog that won't jump full stop is a different ket

Most people who don't allow or teach their dogs to jump state that it's to reduce the chance of injury and yes they do have a point. However a non jumping dog can also be injured trying to go through

canny jump its as much use as a chocolate fireguard mate....

Posted Images

Always train my lurchers to jump but if I think it's a dodgy fence then il pick her up,with smaller kinds of lurchers I can see why people would lift them but I know a boy who has a dog over 27 big strong dog to and he picks it up at every fence or gate he looks a right tw@t but something to make me chuckle I suppose lol

Always train my lurchers to jump but if I think it's a dodgy fence then il pick her up,with smaller kinds of lurchers I can see why people would lift them but I know a boy who has a dog over 27 big strong dog to and he picks it up at every fence or gate he looks a right tw@t but something to make me chuckle I suppose lol

f*ck that :laugh:

hear, hear!

On a walk with my big boy ridgeback (145 lbs) I have to lift the bruiser over a gate - not for the feint hearted!

hear, hear!

On a walk with my big boy ridgeback (145 lbs) I have to lift the bruiser over a gate - not for the feint hearted!

rather you than me bud :yes:;)

canny jump its as much use as a chocolate fireguard mate.... :thumbs:

I disagree!

If it wont jump a fence with you then lift the f****n thing over.

I personally dont want my dog jump but she does. Jump all the time and it a fcuking nightmare. Many times my dogs jumped a fence and comes over it hundreds of yards down the field. My whippet could have lost her eye if the fence would have hit her 10mm to the side.

Fecking worrying if your lamping next to a main road and the rabbit dives under the fence!

Jumpings a bonus but not a necessity and at times more of a hindrence than a help.

• Like 1

I would soon get pissed with a dog that couldn't jump a gate. Any lurcher should be able to piss a 5 bar gate imo. ffs I know spaniels that can clear 5 bar gates so a lurcher should sail over. Just simply from a practicality point.

ive got a 10 year old and a 14 year old that jump them daily and have done all there lives, jumping is as much a part of lurcher work as retrieving is, if you want to wrap it in cotton wool then stick to fly ball :laugh:

I disagree!

I disagree if it won't jump a fence with me it'll feckin stay there.

No wonder whin thought you was a fanny. :D

I would soon get pissed with a dog that couldn't jump a gate. Any lurcher should be able to piss a 5 bar gate imo. ffs I know spaniels that can clear 5 bar gates so a lurcher should sail over. Just simply from a practicality point.

ive got a 10 year old and a 14 year old that jump them daily and have done all there lives, jumping is as much a part of lurcher work as retrieving is, if you want to wrap it in cotton wool then stick to fly ball :laugh:

:yes::thumbs:

I disagree!

I personally dont want my dog jump but she does. Jump all the time and it a fcuking nightmare. Many times my dogs jumped a fence and comes over it hundreds of yards down the field. My whippet could have lost her eye if the fence would have hit her 10mm to the side.

Fecking worrying if your lamping next to a main road and the rabbit dives under the fence!

Jumpings a bonus but not a necessity and at times more of a hindrence than a help.

a lurcher that canny jump is not worth a f*ck tae me......a canny chase the intended quarry wae eh dog n lift it over every fence....what if the quarry runs 3,4 parks or through a wood or sumthing... :laugh: ,if yer runnin a whippet on rabbits thats totally different.....my dog very seldom will jump fences chasing in the dark,thats a not what i like to see.....but daytime is a whole different ball game,....and they MUST JUMP,but i am mainly talking about bigger dogs :laugh:.....i have had dogs that have nearly lost their life jumping fences,never mind an eye :thumbs: