Lurchers That Dont Jump

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dogs jump no bother, and when on the chase will jump the obstacle, but depending on some fence situation/location I will choose to lift them over, a dog that won't jump full stop is a different ket

Most people who don't allow or teach their dogs to jump state that it's to reduce the chance of injury and yes they do have a point. However a non jumping dog can also be injured trying to go through

canny jump its as much use as a chocolate fireguard mate....

Posted Images

just curious to see if alot of people own a dog that wont jump, mines jumps perfectly fine obviously slips up now and then but just curious to see how many people lift ther dogs over fences and such i would never want to own a dog that pulls up at a fences?

My dogs jump no bother, and when on the chase will jump the obstacle, but depending on some fence situation/location I will choose to lift them over, a dog that won't jump full stop is a different kettle all together :thumbs:

• Like 4

Mine all jump ! But its not a bad thing if they don't as mine wouldn't of been hit by a car if he hadn't jumped out the field about a mile away ! It would be a pain in the ass if they don't ! I had one like it done my head in

Mine? She jumps the stairgate, the veg patch fence and onto round bales if the Patterdale's on there, but she won't jump farm fences above 3 1/2 feet. Pain in the arse!

She missed a hare in an accidental chase the other day because she took the long way round :unsure:

• Like 1

my last dog would jump anything anywhere,any height.....but i seen some of the worst injuries happen to this dog,that i have ever seen....with barbed wire etc......always getting stitched up,stapled up,scars all over the f*ckin thing....good dog though ;)