Water Bottles

There's a sugar solution you can buy in the pharmacy cant think of the name at the minute could be glucose you only need a small amount i found it out as an old fella i know used to use it for his birds.Will find out dose and name for sure when i get it out of shed tomorrow will be good for when the weathers icy cold.

i use pipe laging (hollow foam cylinders)to cover over the bottles and tops with a small slit at the bottom so there is only about 1/2" of the metal spout uncovered this works most of the time except for when its prolonged frozen temps then the spouts will still freeze up.

Spare bottles swapped in morning and at night will do. No need to add any stuff to the water, wrapping doesn't stop the spout freezing.

Spare bottle is a couple of quid and I usually have a couple on in summer anyway to keep down competition for the spout.

There's a sugar solution you can buy in the pharmacy cant think of the name at the minute could be glucose you only need a small amount i found it out as an old fella i know used to use it for his birds.Will find out dose and name for sure when i get it out of shed tomorrow will be good for when the weathers icy cold.

think its glycirene ( dunno how you spell it ) i have read its fine for ferrets etc few drops i think , also if you put it in your car door locks it stops um freezing up :thumbs:

think its glycirene ( dunno how you spell it ) i have read its fine for ferrets etc few drops i think , also if you put it in your car door locks it stops um freezing up :thumbs:

Thats it glycerin good man forgot to reply ye just small amount of it not enough to give them the shits stretch177 or rot their teeth as is a mild dose and there not on it long enough.

Spare bottles swapped in morning and at night will do. No need to add any stuff to the water, wrapping doesn't stop the spout freezing.

Spare bottle is a couple of quid and I usually have a couple on in summer anyway to keep down competition for the spout.

:thumbs: