I Do Not Think I Have Been Robbed !

After days of searching around the internet on auction sites and on forums to try and find myself a decent Air tank for my new PCP

I did the obvious and rang the local place where supplies and re-tests cylinders.

They have sold me this bottle its a 8L 300 bar bottle that is as new ( this is its first fill they did )

They have charged me £150 but it is a carbon wrapped bottle and is ultra light "Just what I wanted".

I have left my other 9L 300 bar carbon bottle with them and they say they will charge £24 to re-test it which I do not think that is out the way,

seems I managed to buy that one for £20.

I thought it would be a lot more to buy a new bottle and also to have one tested.

Just shows the places you think will be a fortune sometimes are not bad at all.

Now I am happier !!!

Here is the bottle they sold me below

AirTank1.jpg

AirTank2.jpg

AirTank3.jpg

Edited by Fieldsports

Thats a good deal they normally come back with a 5 year test

Thats what "he" said mate but apparently the test time is going to be extended on some bottles.

I will know more on Thursday when I go for the bottle.

But I am over the moon...The price I paid is no more or less than some are wanting for smaller second hand bottles.

Thanks again

Steve

A word of warning, those are usually used on respirator systems, where the air supply is either on at 300 bar or off! You may find it is unsuitable for use as you need to be able to control the flow of air. You will also need a gauge on that!

Yea thats fine mate. I have all the gauges and fittings so I can control it.

Thanks

Just a quick update !..

I picked my 9L carbon bottle back up today from

Cormeton Dive Support

Unit 12 Delaval Trading Estate

Double Row, Seaton Delaval

Tyne & Wear

NE25 0QT

TEL: 0191 237 0790

These bottles are only good for a 15 year period.

I put the bottle in for test and they charged me £24 all in "filled" witha cert and all bottle stickers.

Filled and settled then filled again so it is at max pressure and you get a full 300 bar.

And a refill is £3

This bottle comes to the end in 2015 but I still think it was worth testing for £24 as I only give £20 for it with the gauge and pipe.

So over 2 years of filling is worth it ( I think ).

So if your in my area look these people up as they are fantastic to deal with and do not rip you off or take ages to carry out tests on bottles.

9LCylinder.jpg