How long can ferrets work

Curious about how long you work your ferrets during the day, was out today at 9.0 am and worked them (2 Jill's) till 4.0 pm 7 hours in total, they had milk and drinks but I feel they started to flag abit at around 4-5 hrs is that about right, if so do I need more Jill's.

Rotating is best, we usually work four ferrets in alternate pairs. Have enough collars to drop them all in but it rarely happens and we have a "clash of personalities" with my hobs and any other ferret so tend not to.

Is it ok to enter Jill's and hobs that have never met each other before

get them familier with each other first

A good hob or two serves our purpose

22 a couple of week ago with just the one

I think jills, especially the smaller type need to be rotated or they will tire and leave the stubborn rabbits under ground.

However i find we dig less on the jills

Every animal must have a shut of point. its just a matter of reading your ferrets and rotating when necessary

My Jill's generally won't come out until the warren is clear, but I only have two, so I think I will get another two to work and put one of my experienced Jill's with one of the new ones and see how they work rotating them, defiantly less digs with Jill's as my mate seems to dig to his hobs a lot, and if your in a deep warren and the mk3 is saying 16+ on search and static it puts me off working hobs.lol

Bryan.

We are normally out about 6 hours and depending on were we go, how many setts there are, holes, how deep etc, the number of ferrets we take is then decided. But generally we take 4 ferrets and work them in pairs, 2 jills and 2 hobs, going on 8 holes to every ferret. Mainly use the jills tbh and only really use the hobs when there are rabbits down that won't budge. Ive found the jills are good for bolting, but don't really kill down the holes, but on the other hand the hobs 9/10 will grab them down the holes, which results in me having a dig on. They all have their use in my book and all are hard grafters.