Poo

Guest MOLLY

Guest MOLLY

Its been pointed out my ferrets have sloppy poo....all of them, i thought this must be the norm as they have been like this since i got them...when i say sloppy i mean not pick-up-able. Various shades of colour.

The one and only time their poo was firm was when they had a full day of dried food. The rest of the time im giving them rabbit, pigeon etc, plus about once every 1-2wks they get raw egg whisked with a tiny bit milk.

MOLL.

Guest A Sick Old Man

I feed mine on a lot of rabbit, and corvids, there poo is always a bit wet and sloppy. :sick:

Goes a bit dry on that ferret pellet food though, I would not worry about it Moll.

Guest MOLLY

I always leave everything in p***y, i thought that way the ferrets can choose what they do and don't want, as you can see on the right of this piccie they leave the nasty bits.......

furtpoo.jpg

Plus the food is removed after 24hrs eaten or not. Some of it was previously frozen, some freshly killed and put straight in.

Ill try giving them gutted for the next few days.

Their poo :11: .............

furtpoo2.jpg

furtpoo1.jpg

Its damper looking cos its pouring with rain here at the mo.

MOLL.

Guest chilli

sawdust will not only make it look better but make it a 1000 times easier to clean up it sucks the moisture out . from wat ive seen you will have to do some mods but it makes cleaning eaiser millets fault for makein it like he did !! i bet u were comin out with a load of stupid ideas an he never had the heart to correct you !!! :angel: failing thaty get ian b round to help i heard he was allmost a good a builder as darcy :D

Guest MOLLY

:11: :11:

Its actually easier like that believe it or not, just a quick shovel then jet spray it out, and it all leaves via the drainage holes. Sawdust would block the drainage holes.

Ive tried adding litter trays but the little sods either move them out of the way or if ive weighted them down they just use a different place :realmad:

MOLL.

Well plan (a) hasn't gone according to plan. The sawdust is brilliant for playing in.....

furtplay.jpg

furtplay1.jpg

For drying your face after you've gone scuba diving in the water bowl......

furtplay5.jpg

furtplay2.jpg

But not suitable for poo'ing on, so its a better idea to poo next to the water bowl instead.......... :realmad:

furtplay3.jpg

furtplay4.jpg

The last time i looked it is now scattered all over the run (groan) :(

MOLL.

Guest A Sick Old Man

Moll I would remove the guts, you ask what horrors have been found inside rabbits from memebers of this site. I always take them out, check the liver and if that looks clean I give them that together with lights and heart, but bin the tubes and all other foul plumbing :sick:

really nice crap on yer post by the way, have you contacted the Tate Modern about an exhibit??