Given up smoking

I gave up over there and someone handed me a Cigar 5 months later. It wasn't a cigarette so I took it and really enjoyed it. Was all down hill from there. I started smoking a pack of 5 King Edwards every day!!! Moved back to UK and had to give them up. £17.00 a pack over here compared to €3.00. Big difference.

I first stared smoking them and went in to the baccy shop and asked for a Burro. I couldn't work out why they looked at me funny. I later found out that is the word for joint. Haha. The 2 sound very similar.

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did. Tried them in England they had be coughing liquid out of my lungs like a TB victim

Ah fair enough. Good luck anyway. Every man and his dog smokes in Spain.

I think it's will power (which I have none when it comes to ciggys) I think it's down to the individual , but most I know who succeed do it cold Turkey , good luck mate .

I use the patches and rather than fighting against the idea of having a cigarette I allowed myself to smoke providing the patch was on. Over a few days this became less and less because the desire wasn't really there. I also didn't throw out my cigarettes because I found I wanted them more if they weren't there. Just make sure the patch goes on first thing so you arent tempted for the morning cigarette. Also I had to stop drinking which is the worst bit, if I drink I just cannot stop myself from smoking.

If you fancy some mental dreams wear the patch over night :D

for the first few months i would wake up in a cold sweat after dreaming that i had been smoking all night.

i would be gutted until i worked out it was a dream.

good luck with the drinking thing mate

I`ve stopped for 6 years now, tried a few times over the years with patches and pills but never quit, called in the local one lunchtime to pick up my baccy and decided there and then to stop, went on the pop that evening and was really hard not smoking.

I always told myself i was a non smoker and that if i lit one up then i would undo all the good i had done over the first few days/weeks, it does get easier starting from day 1 when the craving for nicotine decreaces.

worst part for me used to be dreaming that i was smoking, then waking in a panic and smelling my fingers.

Was of them for 9 months using them champax tablet give ye some dreams bk on them now lol lot of people over here using them new long pipes that are out lads tell me they take the edge of and they were smoking 40 a day might try it myself

i stoped for over 10 months but started after army knocked me back didnt use crap like patch or pills just go 4 a run or a workout fort it esey but wunted go in army so that was all the drive i needed am quiting agen dun 2days up 2 now

im off them 9 years now and best thing i ever did.the wife is off them 5 months and uses the electronic cigarettes and they help.She was a heavy smoker.if you WANT to stop you will,forget the excuses,just do it.

Not sure of the name just know there 40 quid ye get 2 pipes ye have to charge them daily and then just buy nicotine liquid refills cost about 4 quid a week alot of people stoping with them

Ahh, the electric cigs. Yeah they are good! Can get them cheaper than that too,