Laws on foxing with terriers

Those rules only apply to game bird protection then, so if you dig on farm land which has no game birds and no shoot, where would you stand then.

That's why if you know the law you can have the right answers and the right stuff in place!

True. what about common ground, someone said it doesnt exist but on land registry in my village there is a huge area marked as common ground

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Common_land

It's still owned by someone.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking the legalities aside as thats been answered and there's a topic pinned on it, if you're considering using a terrier to ground for the use of pest control then make sure you have someone experie

the law only applies when caught fill yer boots

As long as it's your intention to drive the hens towards a line of guns then crack on!! The law is an ass in this case. Those that suffer losses to livestock cannot protect their lambs/chickens/etc b

What about hens iv had over 100 hens killed in the last year is it ok for me to dig to it with a terrier.

Taking the legalities aside as thats been answered and there's a topic pinned on it, if you're considering using a terrier to ground for the use of pest control then make sure you have someone experienced with you that knows what they are doing and holds a shotgun/firearms, it's not just a case of entering a terrier and then hoping for the best. Take the time to gain some experience with someone that knows what they are doing, get to know the law, what signs to look for to make sure it is a fox thats home and what to do once your terriers to ground..

Edited by jasher
  • Like 2

What about hens iv had over 100 hens killed in the last year is it ok for me to dig to it with a terrier.

As long as it's your intention to drive the hens towards a line of guns then crack on!!

The law is an ass in this case. Those that suffer losses to livestock cannot protect their lambs/chickens/etc but if you run a shoot you can protect your pheasants/partridge/grouse. There is no mention of how many birds you need to put down to take advantage of the law. So buy 10 poults release them on your permission and keep your receipt.

• Like 1

its illegal

why did you buy the terrier pup is it a pet not takein the piss genuine question.

To work it of course. I actually wasn't aware of the law, I hold my hands up, I did know and do know farmers that dig fox on their land though so hoping for permission there, I took on a terrier as I never really worked them apart from a bit years ago so wanted a new experience in hunting. By way of the law I'm right in a way I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.....but not all farms have game birds for shoots so does that not mean all the digs other than those are considered illegal regardless of land owners permission. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be smart or a kill joy, but it seems the toffs can shoot game and play countryman occasionally but farmers chickens, lamb and any other at risk stock are irrelevant. Apart from shooting fox in the field. As I say if I am corrected then fair game

As long as it's your intention to drive the hens towards a line of guns then crack on!!

The law is an ass in this case. Those that suffer losses to livestock cannot protect their lambs/chickens/etc but if you run a shoot you can protect your pheasants/partridge/grouse. There is no mention of how many birds you need to put down to take advantage of the law. So buy 10 poults release them on your permission and keep your receipt.

:thumbs:

Hens are a member of the pheasant family,would that in theory allow their well being to be protected as the law states?,

Hens are a member of the pheasant family,would that in theory allow their well being to be protected as the law states?,

Surely there are grey areas. It doesn't seem very open and shut to me.