quick walk with pup

evening,

had a wee mooch with my pup today trying to let him see a little to bring him on. It was very over cast and had a low laying mist but enough to see for a slip. walked for about 4 miles over field and rough ground and didnt see a thing. so on the way back i let the pup off the lead to do as he will. spotted a bunny on the edge of a field and coursed it, couple of bends but inexperience showed as he drove it to cover but i was chuffed as it was his 2nd course yet so not expecting much. carried on and dog got a good scent and bolted for not far off 1/2 a mile if not 3/4. i caught up and found him struggling to get over a high 10ft wall. banged him on the lead and got over to find 4 roe sitting a few yards away. if only there was not a ban or the dog to young what a belting slip that would of been. anyhows couple of pics going up so enjoy

atb scotty

post-34358-0-94720100-1357864718.jpg

post-34358-0-96931800-1357864766.jpg

post-34358-0-60403600-1357864811.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

evening, had a wee mooch with my pup today trying to let him see a little to bring him on. It was very over cast and had a low laying mist but enough to see for a slip. walked for about 4 miles over

Have you getin that dog you were on about mate?

Posted Images

he's 8month, just tipping 23tts so not going to be huge, don't like them to big.he has a belting nose,followsscent very well. Naff all rabbits aboutaround my area , wouldbe nice to give him a slip or two every week,

Atb scott

i dont understand it i used to go for a walk local and always see the plenty but i must of walked in every direction for atleast 10 miles and seen less than what i can count on one hand !!!! absolutley loads of reds and roe tho, infact ive never seen so many reds!!! if only ban wasnt in place could make for a good night on the lamp ;)

Not yet bud just going to focus on me pup wil be starting to show her maybe in about 2 month just slowly start her. And i myt change my mind and end up gettin anuva lyk al let you no wher you get your pup from mate

theres a few good 16/20 month dogs around me from good stock so might have one of them. hows your dog bred again?

My pups a minshaw x collie grey bull grey mate just hope she makes the grade. And that topic what ive got up just wanted to see how old sum people wud start ther dog as ther was 1 topic called 5 munth and the lad rekons letting his dog out the motor and killing bunnys and rekons the pup ran lyk an expirienced dog at 5 munth cant see how [bANNED TEXT] my pup hasnt evan got al her adult teeth yet a wudnt dream of it me bud

ive let pups at 5 month mess about with a pelt on a rope but i personally wouldnt be slipping on anything. i used to walk a mates dogs usually about 10 to 15 at a time around a bit of rough ground purelly to just let them have a piss n shizzle and now andd again a bunny would get up and the pups would have a short run but thats the closest they would get to a slip till atleast 8 month. i agree with that chap on your post about getting them out as early as poss and learning the trade, getting used to the different smells sounds etc.... just be carefull not to over do them. theres a chap down my end selling a bull grey whippet 2 year old good on rabbits and will take red doubled up if there wasnt a ban ;) looking for 180 if your interested. tidy looking dog might be ideal to bring your pup on