what are the best ratters?

it all depends where your ratting too,........ little russells are handy in right places........ie clearing sheds.....and longer legged breeds in the open spaces

To true dosent matter what anyone else thinks get out look at what your terrain/permissions is what would suit you best, why not get out whith lads with short and long legged, my best was a imalxrussel he was a demon marked like Suzan Boyle over a McDonald's bin,

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its like anything, if a dog is out regular killing rats in numbers every week it should be far better at it than dogs who do a bit every so often or at the end of the shooting season.

yes but a different colour. lol       she is exremely well built a very powerfull and agile bitch. the pic there for you to compare.

I think you would be hard pushed to beat a little pack of whippet cross staffies ........

Posted Images

it all depends where your ratting too,........ little russells are handy in right places........ie clearing sheds.....and longer legged breeds in the open spaces

Absolutely agree with you there mate, tight place are ideal for the little JRT's.

This little girl is 7 now and stands 11.5" at the shoulder so she is very small, but deadly on any rat that she comes across, she has copped a few bites but it doesn't stop her.

KellyupWinsor_zpsee08df73.jpg

Edited by OzTerrier

My old beddy whip wernt bad , but he soon learnt to hang back and let the terriers do the graft and catch the bolters , but when it was just him and my terrier he loved to be in the thick of it

As for my pat , hes just a nutter and loves trench warfare :laugh:

best ive seen are plummers. best plummer ive seen is mine :D she is both stocky and leggy :tongue2: . and has no whippet in her. :tongue2: fair bit of bull in her though :yes: . having said that i dont do an awefull lot of ratting :laugh::laugh: . just saying :D

How much Bull is in her, is it like this.

4a2ed2b26a46c39d9f56607728e9a562.jpg

• Like 2

best ive seen are plummers. best plummer ive seen is mine :D she is both stocky and leggy :tongue2: . and has no whippet in her. :tongue2: fair bit of bull in her though :yes: . having said that i dont do an awefull lot of ratting :laugh::laugh: . just saying :D

that is a fine looking dog

Paulf....I do remember that Lab....very good at his game. We had a hell of a day out....H's red terrier got sent to the sin-bin, my stafford/patterdale was useless, my stafford was pinching the rats off the Lakies and eating them and my lurcher was off looking for hares lol

Safe to say my dogs were shit ratters lol

yes but a different colour. lol

post-2078-0-21204000-1386788092.jpg

she is exremely well built a very powerfull and agile bitch. the pic there for you to compare.

• Like 3