rabbit dogs

rabbit dogs  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What size makes the best rabbit dogs in general?

• 21 inch
    • 22 inch
    • 23 inch
    • 24 inch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just ask David Lloyd or Jim as both of them have caught "monster" hauls with their dogs of late...maybe 24/25tts I'd hazard a guess?...the rest of us may think our dogs are good and as long as they ke

Could not vote for her size, 18 inches, She worked till 9. Caught large amount of Rabbits and Pheasant with this bitch.so there are decent rabbit dogs under 20.

same as yote dogs dan, dogs of all them sizes ye have put up will catch bunnys an catch them well, id say below 21 an above 25 is a bit wee an big, but they still catch em, if i could take a pup an kn

Posted Images

I'd say 22 3/4", as then you could show it in the "under 23" and the "rabbitting class" at shows and tell the judge how good it was !!

I'm a bit pissed off as there isn't a 29" choice, as my Deer/Grey Pencil Neck will take as many rabbits as any other size dog ! There's shit 22" dogs and there's shit 30" dogs ............ !!

Cheers.

I voted 24 inches as it's more versatile for different types of hunting and types of terrain.

Also with the smaller sizes there's more chance of them growing up too cloddy or slow.

I've only been having a laugh on here, as I suspect Dan was...... but this has to be the daftest post, (unless you are taking the piss) !! How is a 24" more "versatile" than a 25" or a 23" ?? And "small dogs grow up to cloddy or slow " ???????? where on earth did you get that one from ??? :huh:

Cheers.

I'd say 22 3/4", as then you could show it in the "under 23" and the "rabbitting class" at shows and tell the judge how good it was !!

I'm a bit pissed off as there isn't a 29" choice, as my Deer/Grey Pencil Neck will take as many rabbits as any other size dog ! There's shit 22" dogs and there's shit 30" dogs ............ !!

Cheers.

Cheers.

Your deer/grey couldnt catch a cold ye silly old bugger i told ye once i told ye a 100 times deerhounds need bull to make them man ip or any good

Cheers.

Cheers.

Your deer/grey couldnt catch a cold ye silly old bugger i told ye once i told ye a 100 times deerhounds need bull to make them man ip or any good

I didn't say she would catch loads of rabbits ! I'm a realist and know for a fact she will catch more rabbits than the imagianary dogs that most on here "own" !! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 2

Cheers.

Cheers.

I didn't say she would catch loads of rabbits ! I'm a realist and know for a fact she will catch more rabbits than the imagianary dogs that most on here "own" !! LOL !

Cheers.

You want me to ship you some of skycat's man butter over there for you to breed that oversized pencil neck with?

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

You want me to ship you some of skycat's man butter over there for you to breed that oversized pencil neck with?

See above post !! :tongue2:

Cheers.

My 32" lurcher caught enough to keep all 5 of mine in food all week - not through speed but brains and tenacity. I would go along with smaller/quicker whippet types as best though. Never had anything before or since, over 27" that was any good.

I voted 24 inches as it's more versatile for different types of hunting and types of terrain.

Also with the smaller sizes there's more chance of them growing up too cloddy or slow.

I've only been having a laugh on here, as I suspect Dan was...... but this has to be the daftest post, (unless you are taking the piss) !! How is a 24" more "versatile" than a 25" or a 23" ?? And "small dogs grow up to cloddy or slow " ???????? where on earth did you get that one from ??? :huh:

Cheers.

Charts your a fussy bugger. The lad had to pick just one height and chose 24 because it's around the height expected for a more versatile dog, I'm sure there's every chance a 23 or 25 would be versatile to but we weren't allowed 3 choices now were we? lol. The best rabbit dog I have ever had the pleasure to see work would have been somewhere around 20-22, put any man with a .22 to shame :D . But imo her size helped as well as hindered her. We had the intention to take a litter from her trying to knock the size up in the process but alas it doesn't look meant to be. Shame because that bitch lacked little but a bit more size.

The small equals slow and cloddy thing I am lost on though.

• Like 2

Cheers.

Cheers.

18"tts whippet just can't vote

Thats cuz that size is just silly talk along with cp's 29 inche BS.

18"whippet is as good on rabbit as any other lurcher running dog, and with the hunting ban as it is there's no need to own anything else.

Regards Bryan.