HAND CRAFTED LEATHER GUN SLING

Only two leather strap makers :) mmm both nice ...

thanks pal there is a another lad one hear but ant heard nowt of him for a while

Is it strong stuff I am going on memory here :blink: :blink: Or does he just make dog collars? :blink: :blink:

Gaffer makes a nice sling,I'd recommend him, I am up to my eyes in manufacturing for Saddlery retailers, wholesalers and police horse watch groups as well as designing a new type of bridle so I don't have a lot of time to do other work.

This is why I haven't been on for a while!

My work can be seen in link below (scroll down the home page) and no, I don't just make dog collars!

http://unicornleather.co.uk/index.php

Oz

Gaffer makes a nice sling,I'd recommend him, I am up to my eyes in manufacturing for Saddlery retailers, wholesalers and police horse watch groups as well as designing a new type of bridle so I don't have a lot of time to do other work.

This is why I haven't been on for a while!

My work can be seen in link below (scroll down the home page) and no, I don't just make dog collars!

http://unicornleather.co.uk/index.php

Oz

cheers mate looked on link some nice stuff on there

im after something nice for this. was waiting for more pictures of slings made with some prices added, thought there would be more on thread / post - but only 3 so far you gaffers and riohog are very nice work , im not to keen on brass fittings and would prefer stainless fittings im going to leave post for another few weeks to see if i can get some more added to it then pick one:)

P1060596_zpsc8511031.jpg

DSC_0369_zpsf84f5e41.jpg

Edited by psm

ok lads ive been looking on fleabay and would like something like this

Item number:

i like this desighn

Item number:

Item number:

something thumbholed :)

Edited by psm

The first one you have listed is the best leather,it's London Tan which matures down to a nice rich Chestnut colour in time, all 3 you've listed are all run through a sewing machine, machine thread will fray long before hand stitching but it's quick and convenient.

The second one and the third one are made out of what we call a spilt in the trade, cheap leathergoods dressed up as expensive are also made of splits.

It's basically the off cuts off the tannery or workshop floor recycled!

Second one has cheap fittings and rivets

Third one has chicago screws which have a tendency to come loose and drop out.

Second and third should be avoided, although cheaper than the first one they are false economy

Go for the first one if you intend to buy one of these off ebay

It's expensive because of the tooling on it, if it was hand stitched it would be twice that price.

Oz

The first one you have listed is the best leather,it's London Tan which matures down to a nice rich Chestnut colour in time, all 3 you've listed are all run through a sewing machine, machine thread will fray long before hand stitching but it's quick and convenient.

The second one and the third one are made out of what we call a spilt in the trade, cheap leathergoods dressed up as expensive are also made of splits.

It's basically the off cuts off the tannery or workshop floor recycled!

Second one has cheap fittings and rivets

Third one has chicago screws which have a tendency to come loose and drop out.

Second and third should be avoided, although cheaper than the first one they are false economy

Go for the first one if you intend to buy one of these off ebay

It's expensive because of the tooling on it, if it was hand stitched it would be twice that price.

Oz

WOW that would be expensive ,this guy in us does hand stitched tooled leather and snake skin for peanuts then item number 321052171758