breeding a bitch

hi all i have a lurcher bitch and she is 3 now and im wondering is it better to breed a bitch when she is young or wound it be better when she is 6 or 7.ive heard that if u breed ur bitch too young it takes the good ou of them and they never get back 2 there best.any help or past exp is welcome..cheers royjel

A bred a bitch at 4 and she wasn't squared up right inside she hemeraged and died a lost 4 out the 6 pups a had to hand feed them constant I was told by an old vet that your better knocking a litter out a bitch early it makes everything push I. To the right place atb

I've always said that if I got a bitch good enough to breed off then I would, as I've never had a litter and always wanted to raise a pup with its mother in the field.

I think my bitch now is as close to a good worker as I'm gonna get. She impresses me and others every time we are out and has done some impressive stuff.

But I've only had her for 1 season and would like to work her for another 2 full seasons before taking a pup out of her.

This would put her at 6-7 years old. I don't know if she's had a litter before but I don't think so.

I fear this might be too old for a first litter.

Gaz

I bred my first litter out of my old bitch she was over 7 and everything went fine.....

Gotta remeber that our lurchers/working are alot fitter than your mates pet dog and vets do say its a bit old for a bitch too be haveing a litter.

Me personal i think a fit health bitch 6/8 would be fine IMO.

• Like 1