hunting rabbits

Try lamping them if no one els has been on your perm they are more than likely not lamp shy but be carefull not to lamp them to much or they will become lamp shy and you will not get with in a mile of them and use bifferent filters on your lamp i shoot mainly at night and with good results :thumbs: give it a try atvbmac

was thinking of that need to get a good lamp first, thank for the gud advice ;-)

Get out at different times and try stalking into the wind to get a shot at them mate and if its a small stream they will just jump it mate

Thanks pal was down this morning just to have a look around and did not see 1, but was down last night and there was quite few.

Is there a best time for them?

Your going to have to try different time's with different weather condition as they all vary mate ans a dog walker might spook them ,but i reckon the first hour of daylight and the last are worth all the rest in between

Try lamping them if no one els has been on your perm they are more than likely not lamp shy but be carefull not to lamp them to much or they will become lamp shy and you will not get with in a mile of them and use bifferent filters on your lamp i shoot mainly at night and with good results :thumbs: give it a try atvbmac

What do u find the best colour lamp is?

Chris

• Like 1

Chris

Hi chris i use red and green mate but the red works best its a ultrafire red lenze £16.58 off ebay and with that you get lamp and battery and charger or there are other kits you can get with the same lamp just look at the posts iv put on the hunting part they start with the, raider********** and so on hope this helps mate atvbmac

Chris

Hi chris i use red and green mate but the red works best its a ultrafire red lenze £16.58 off ebay and with that you get lamp and battery and charger or there are other kits you can get with the same lamp just look at the posts iv put on the hunting part they start with the, raider********** and so on hope this helps mate atvbmac

Your a bad influence as ive just ordered 1 lol now sat twiddling my fingers waiting for mr dpd to come :) lol

Thanks chris

• Like 1

Some good advice here. I always keep downwind of the rabbits and if you move slowly along the hedgerow you can sometimes get within range of them. Alternatively you can setup a hide, or even just hide down the ditch and wait for them to come out. I also make sure I shoot the rabbits away from their holes as sometimes they can bolt a bit after you shoot them if your slightly off target.

Lamp wise, ive had good results using just an old torch. If they arnt used to the lamp you`ll find you get quite good results initially but its the same as anything they soon seem to learn and get wary of you.

• Like 1

Some good advice here. I always keep downwind of the rabbits and if you move slowly along the hedgerow you can sometimes get within range of them. Alternatively you can setup a hide, or even just hide down the ditch and wait for them to come out. I also make sure I shoot the rabbits away from their holes as sometimes they can bolt a bit after you shoot them if your slightly off target.

Lamp wise, ive had good results using just an old torch. If they arnt used to the lamp you`ll find you get quite good results initially but its the same as anything they soon seem to learn and get wary of you.

yh alot of people have said that pal so im guna wait for my gun back then off i trot :)

thanks pal

Ok im pff out at 4 tonight and not cuming back till i have one, should i worry about the fall im temp??

Chris

Nope, i was out last year in minus weather without any problems. I usually stick some trackie bottoms on under my dpm army camo stuff and its proper toastie. I did have to invest in some proper shooting gloves though to keep my hands warm without loosing trigger feel.