Hi guys im calling upon your help B)

I was given a snare a few days ago and would like to get a few more (have sent Woodga a PM)

firstly i need permission from one of the farmers round here but that could be difficult as im only 15, so whats best letter, phone call or to meet in person ?? how do i go about it ?

Now for the most important bit, how do i snare ? how high of the ground ? how big does the noose have to be ? and anything else that would help me

thanks guys

leon

Where ? Snareman's posts are pretty explicit about setting the snares on the beats and about what height to use.

If you mean 'where' more generally then in places where you see signs of rabbits.

Am I missing something ? :blink:

Guest foxtrack
where are they and what do you do ??? if its not really far im sure i could find a campsite near

leon

sorry leon im only trying to wind people up mate :icon_redface:

but they do say woodga runs a snare course

get in touch with him if you can :thumbs:

Beats are the 'hits' that a rabbit makes along it's run. Rabbits follow the same pattern and so all the rabbits along the run will hit in the same spot. Look for flat spots.

post-2748-1183922161_thumb.jpg

As for permission; look for places that are clearly over run with rabbits and where you'll be doing a service as well as filling your belly - then knock some doors.

ok mate, will go for a walk tommorow and see if i can find any beats :) yes im hoping that the farmers will think im doing them a favour ;)

so its best to knock on their doors, but i really wouldnt know what to say lol, any ideas ?

sorry for all the questions

thanks leon