.. AMY..

milo

Took amy out again on monday night just to stretch her wings and see what was about,she has switched on with the lamp now and her recall off the lamp is spot on,we had some long slips and she caught one but was near a bloody fence by the tim we got to her he had just managed to get thro,then after walking a very steep bank and getting to the top another slip was on and she took it in fine style PLEASED is an understatment :laugh:post-2322-0-42991600-1360860073_thumb.jpg

We went out for some hawking over ferrets yestarday and what a day,first we set off after a few brekkie rolls at 9 and headed out to the farm 20 mins away,when we arived the farmer said he thinks myxi has come back !

Well it proved right the was myxi there,we managed to bag a few ( 9 ) in total 3 of which had the begining of the disease.

The first bury we bolted 2 out of and a slip was on ! over the hedge and back to ground he went and no take,we went to the 2nd bury and i could see a bunny pop his head out but went back in ! so i knew he was going to come,after a few mins BANG OUT HE RUNS..full pelt with Amy on his butt.... 4-5 turns from the hedge and Bang she took him going up hill Chuffed to bitts... We carried on up the hedge row and bolted another few but the otherside of the hedge,we ended up digging one that wouldnt shift,then we could see one coming down thro a 5 bar gate looking like he had mixi..so i left amy off to dispatch the poor creature "

After a good few hours flying we decided to call it a day and head back to the truck,on the way back we could see a nice big cock phessie walking down a hedge row in our direction "DINNER" i thought..........

I cast Amy up high so she would get a better chance on him,i walked around the cock bird to usher him in her direction,well he started to run up under her then took full flight and Boom she was away aswell both now in full flight head to head,she hit him in mid air but couldnt get the bind and both landed and the phessie just made it to the pig wire fence... Arrr i was gutted that the phessie got away but loved the flight on the phessie it was aswsome to watch and to pit a semi wild raptor to awild bird is some spectacle... roll on next season post-2322-0-65055900-1361132930_thumb.jpg

Thanks jjm... i never ever thought that i would find something to replace terrier and hound work..but this is something else,to train and hunt with a raptor is just SOMETHING ELSE....wish i did this years ago.... :thumbs:

Nice one pal,you got what you deserve after the xmas tragedy with Rico,sounds like you have the makings of a bloody good Harris there mate.
  • Like 1

Thanks Buddy,

We started off a bit shady and i almost give up with her,as i was comparing her with Rico and now i know how diff males and females are apart...

When i had her she was 1lb 14 ! and the guy said she was hunting at 2lb 2,when i tried to contact him he had switched his mob off ! well we did a search and found him on facebook,i sent a messgae only to ask how long had they kept her at that weight but i was then blocked,so i had to start with a blank canvas ..

I had to up her weight over a 2 week period and then slowly drop her,with the weather we had around that time pouring with rain and gale force winds only twice i got her out in a field,all my manning and flying was indoors in an equestrian arena..

Then come xmas day Rico had to be pts... I then had no option other than up the training and manning with AMY...

Boxing day sees me and an old friend dodging the rain to get Amy following on and flying back and for from the fists,im sure it was then january 5th when my first outing with her came,we bolted a few bunnies and she took one at a decent distance,since then we have not looked back.

To date since january 5th she has taken 7 bunnies in the day and 2 on the lamp,and on sat on the way back to my truck she went head to head with a cock bird in full flight and hit him in mid air,she didnt get the bind but just to see her perform was brilliant " chuffed all the hard work payed off"

Cant wait for next season now,but il be getting her out again tonight on the lamp so fingers crossed :thumbs:

We hunted a nice place today,wind was ok and when the snow showers stoped it was perfect..

We had a few slips not a great deal and Amy was beaten fair and square to the warrens ! i dont want to make excuses for her because i know shes fit and she commited to the slips,but the bunnies beat her by just running thro the gorse and running tight to the ground.. :censored:.

She then decided to go up on a soar prob a good 60-70 ft up high,she folded and stooped like a falcon and then i could see why a woodcock had got up on the rise but dodged Amy on a high bank good flight and very enjoyable,cant wait for tomorrw now :thumbs:

Oh God i hope it does go quick.

I know last weekend she was so unlucky on sat and sunday she had one but my young nephew had to break her off it and by doing so the rabbit escaped :icon_eek: lol.. we live and learn ha ha,in all she had 11 hours of flying over sat and sun and the fields she flew were steep and not once did she stop for a breath !

Next season from the word go il be bangging the fitness on her straight away with flying and lamping from the begining :thumbs:

After my lamping trip on tues night i was busting to get another few days out with Amy flying before sunday and the end of the season !

She caught one tues night and liturally smashed it through a pig wire fence unfortunatlly she didnt bind to him and with the force she hit him with they both took a tumble and she only had one foot on him by the time i ran down the banking he had kicked and jumped off,we had 5-6 long decent slips but she didnt make contact with any..

Today however was a totally diff story,

I only had a few hours has i had to get back early for a delivery,so it was a case of " rush like hell" The first bury we came to looked dead but we tried it ferret in and Bang away one goes with Amy fast on his butt :yes: . she flew him to ground under a farm road ! so i decided to say Give him best ha ha..

We then climbed a huge slope to get to the other burys they looked well run and used,but there was nothing at home ...

We came half way down the slope and droped on another nice hedgerow burry holes every where and it looked well worked,i cast Amy right up high on a big old tree,the we droped the ferret in... within a few mins one had bolted on the slope side and Amy was away hot on his tail 3-4 turns and twists and she had him down and with a full head bind i ran down to sort it all out and was well pleased..fed her slightly has im hunting her again tomorrw morning The last day of my hawking..so fingers crossed for a good end to the season

post-2322-0-20456400-1362349524_thumb.jpg...

Thats my season over with Amy one yestarday and two tonight she flew well over this weekend and i coulndt be more pleased.

Tonight she hit another 2 but they just managed to kick off she got back up on both and went for the take again but they just beat her to the holes ! ROLL ON NEXT SEASONpost-2322-0-99297800-1362349690_thumb.jpg