is lamping hares easier than daytime?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lamping Hares?.Best left to the daytime in my opinion.True test of a Lurcher

dont be so silly, just walk into any field, drop ye rucksack, shine the ole blitz about an they will all run straight up the beam an jump into ye bag, dont ye know nowt ffs......

i think everyone would agree that hares were generally a lot easier to take on the lamp.thats not to say that they cant give you a good run in the night either,it depends on lots of things .what i wou

Some hares are easy at night, but by no means all of them ! Of course hares are easier in the lamp than daytime; anyone who says different obviously hasn't ran them , either day or night !! I can't see how anyone who has ran hares could think any different !!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Some hares are easy at night, but by no means all of them ! Of course hares are easier in the lamp than daytime; anyone who says different obviously hasn't ran them , either day or night !! I can't see how anyone who has ran hares could think any different !!

Cheers.

:toast: :toast: :toast:

love hares as much as i love ole reynard........................they deserve maximum respect and the feeling of the crying one in a dukels jaw is the good feeling you get to see them run another day........where has time gone.............

a lad on here put an excellent link of the old time coursers ................cracking to see old boys enjoying what comes natural to dog and prey,..........

one things for certain over here in england we will never see it as a legal sport again...........

your correct there about daytime hares being the best test of a dog but what about us lot who do not keep saluki crosses and walk feilds for them during the daytime what about lamping dogs should you not slip your dog on a hare on the lamp because its not a true test for your dog. i bet you have slipped your dog on a hare on a plough feild were the hare cannot run its best but somehow it is ok because its "daytime"

it all depends on the dogs you run if you had a pure whippet or a half cross collie are they going to catch a daytime hare with any consistance? i think lamping hares would be spot for that. just because there lamped dont mean they just roll over and die i have seen quite a few 5 min courses on the lamp and some that of ended quicker than other just like daytime. they are mostly going to be a fractionly easier because its dark and the fact there is a dazzler in there face but as a said they dont just roll over and die...

Mate; if you have seen "quite a few 5 min courses on the lamp", then I suggest you look at your watch for 5 minutes and see how long that actualy is.....or get better dogs ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

what if your dogs had a hard night before it meets its first hare are they easy then charts?do you slip do you not , knowing your dog might get a tanking or not ? ive seen some good runs at night have you?

I've never seen a dog run a hare for five minutes on the lamp !! Five minutes would most certainly be considered a "grueller" during the day ! If a dog runs a hare for five minutes on the lamp, it should not be considered a lamping dog. If you think it's OK to run a hare for five minutes on the lamp, well..............

Cheers.

5 mins i havnt eiether but i have seen some good dogs beaten in the night on large fields , have you?

love hares as much as i love ole reynard........................they deserve maximum respect and the feeling of the crying one in a dukels jaw is the good feeling you get to see them run another day........where has time gone.............

a lad on here put an excellent link of the old time coursers ................cracking to see old boys enjoying what comes natural to dog and prey,..........

one things for certain over here in england we will never see it as a legal sport again...........

When I see one of my dogs on a hares arse; all I can see is the steam rising from the pie crust as it simmers gently !! LOL !!

Chjeers.

• Like 1

Ive run day and night,daytime challenges good dogs and makes average dogs look inferior,nightime makes an average dog look like a decent daytime jukel,gives the owner a false sense of what their mutt is capable of.I respect the challenge a good daytime hare offers a mutt that a rabbit never will.Some respect the prowess of the quarry more than the capability of their jukels,thus a dog that finally comes to terms with a worthwhile daylight gallop deserves the plaudits that an inferior dog can only achieve by night and glare.You either respect the chase and challenge or see it as just another chase and kill,its in the mindset of the individual and what they perceive to be a sporting challenge.

• Like 1

When I see one of my dogs on a hares arse; all I can see is the steam rising from the pie crust as it simmers gently !! LOL !!

Chjeers.

Chjeers.

You take them home to eat :icon_eek: f**k that rather have a mcdonalds i return mine to mother earth and do my bit for the local wildlife hedge bottom go :thumbs:

your correct there about daytime hares being the best test of a dog but what about us lot who do not keep saluki crosses and walk feilds for them during the daytime what about lamping dogs should you not slip your dog on a hare on the lamp because its not a true test for your dog. i bet you have slipped your dog on a hare on a plough feild were the hare cannot run its best but somehow it is ok because its "daytime"

it all depends on the dogs you run if you had a pure whippet or a half cross collie are they going to catch a daytime hare with any consistance? i think lamping hares would be spot for that. just because there lamped dont mean they just roll over and die i have seen quite a few 5 min courses on the lamp and some that of ended quicker than other just like daytime. they are mostly going to be a fractionly easier because its dark and the fact there is a dazzler in there face but as a said they dont just roll over and die...

Mate; if you have seen "quite a few 5 min courses on the lamp", then I suggest you look at your watch for 5 minutes and see how long that actualy is.....or get better dogs ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

what if your dogs had a hard night before it meets its first hare are they easy then charts?do you slip do you not , knowing your dog might get a tanking or not ? ive seen some good runs at night have you?

I've never seen a dog run a hare for five minutes on the lamp !! Five minutes would most certainly be considered a "grueller" during the day ! If a dog runs a hare for five minutes on the lamp, it should not be considered a lamping dog. If you think it's OK to run a hare for five minutes on the lamp, well..............

Cheers.

5 mins i havnt eiether but i have seen some good dogs beaten in the night on large fields , have you?

Yes, I have seen some dogs straight lined at night, that could take hares daytime..... but I suppose if you run hare enough, day and night, you will see some strange things !

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers.

daytime a load easyier when there in the net,..............not that i agree with this ................ :tongue2:

your statement above is spot on ..........and i only ran a few pre ban

Chjeers.

Chjeers.

You take them home to eat :icon_eek: f**k that rather have a mcdonalds i return mine to mother earth and do my bit for the local wildlife hedge bottom go :thumbs:

If you had to rely on your dogs to feed you, you'd be a lot skinnier, Ya fat, ginger, cuni !! LOL !! :tongue2:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Well educated hares would fly at night more than a match for your average lamping mut.

dont be so silly, just walk into any field, drop ye rucksack, shine the ole blitz about an they will all run straight up the beam an jump into ye bag, dont ye know nowt ffs...... :blink:

Edited by reddawn
  • Like 5