is lamping hares easier than daytime?

Why is it that coursing lads seem to think the sun shines out of a hares ass there only big rabbits.

the jury is out on that :laugh:

Based on outward appearances you might think that rodents and lagomorphs are closely related. They do have a similar appearance, they exist in similar ecological nichesbook.gif, they are vegetarian, and they have continuously growing incisors, but they are fundamentally different. Mammalogists now think that lagomorphs are more closely related to ungulates (the hoofed mammals) than to rodents.

Rabbit young are born naked and rather helpless (altricialbook.gif). Hares bear young that are furred and able to move about shortly after birth

Yes but why should they get any special treatment over other quarry

Because its the only quarry that the daywalkers run !! C'mom, mate, get with the programme !! LOL !!

Cheers.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lamping Hares?.Best left to the daytime in my opinion.True test of a Lurcher

dont be so silly, just walk into any field, drop ye rucksack, shine the ole blitz about an they will all run straight up the beam an jump into ye bag, dont ye know nowt ffs......

i think everyone would agree that hares were generally a lot easier to take on the lamp.thats not to say that they cant give you a good run in the night either,it depends on lots of things .what i wou

You dont see anyone not running a rabbit or fox on the lamp or giving them 100 yard law so why should hares get this.

Because they are the ultimate prey !! And should only be run by Saluki Hybrids !! They should never be lamped or run by inferior hounds !!!

Cheers.

• Like 2

You dont see anyone not running a rabbit or fox on the lamp or giving them 100 yard law so why should hares get this.

that would depend on if it was sport or pest control but as hares are no longer on the sport list in most of britian the qestion is irrelevent

Because they are the ultimate prey !! And should only be run by Saluki Hybrids !! They should never be lamped or run by inferior hounds !!!

Cheers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why is it that coursing lads seem to think the sun shines out of a hares ass there only big rabbits.

the jury is out on that :laugh:

Based on outward appearances you might think that rodents and lagomorphs are closely related. They do have a similar appearance, they exist in similar ecological nichesbook.gif, they are vegetarian, and they have continuously growing incisors, but they are fundamentally different. Mammalogists now think that lagomorphs are more closely related to ungulates (the hoofed mammals) than to rodents.

Rabbit young are born naked and rather helpless (altricialbook.gif). Hares bear young that are furred and able to move about shortly after birth

Yes but why should they get any special treatment over other quarry

Because its the only quarry that the daywalkers run !! C'mom, mate, get with the programme !! LOL !!

Cheers.

Foxes are my main quarry and like other lads that hunt them i dont start calling people all the names under the sun because someone killed one on the lamp

i understand that hares can run, i even get they are harder by day(sometimes :whistling: ) i agree that on the fens they are even better than other places, but they are still scabby hares, an deserve no more respect than any other hunted animal, it may be easier to catch 1 on the lamp than 1 during the day( sometimes :whistling: :whistling: ) but how many coursing dog can run 5/10/15/ even 20 hares in a day?? so taking the odd 1 at nite maybe easier than daytime, but to lamp a lot of them at night is surely a test in itself :whistling:

:laugh:

• Like 1

A hare is easier on lamp how many day dogs do u no that take 16 at one time that ain't un heard of at nite, I run alot of saluki types so does me family I find it a good stepping point 2 day time hares I stick em on a few on the lamp with the blitz lighting up the field piece piss confidence through roof for a young hare dog

A hare is easier on lamp how many day dogs do u no that take 16 at one time that ain't un heard of at nite, I run alot of saluki types so does me family I find it a good stepping point 2 day time hares I stick em on a few on the lamp with the blitz lighting up the field piece piss confidence through roof for a young hare dog

if only it was that easy, there would be no hares left ffs......

• Like 1