is lamping hares easier than daytime?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lamping Hares?.Best left to the daytime in my opinion.True test of a Lurcher

dont be so silly, just walk into any field, drop ye rucksack, shine the ole blitz about an they will all run straight up the beam an jump into ye bag, dont ye know nowt ffs......

i think everyone would agree that hares were generally a lot easier to take on the lamp.thats not to say that they cant give you a good run in the night either,it depends on lots of things .what i wou

please no not another one :laugh: yes hares are easier on the lamp then in the day.... but thats not to say they dont give a good account of themselves on the lamp. they are not easy but easier then a daytime hare....

spot on :thumbs: :thumbs: seen some great runs in the night but better ones in the day .

:hmm: By and large, it was always, more productive, taking the hares after dark with a determined dog and a dazzler...and a few, well placed gate/gap nets, also helped fill the bag....

Daytime coursing was always great fun,..but, frequently,.emotional... :laugh:

Lamping Hares?.Best left to the daytime in my opinion.True test of a Lurcher

your correct there about daytime hares being the best test of a dog but what about us lot who do not keep saluki crosses and walk feilds for them during the daytime what about lamping dogs should you not slip your dog on a hare on the lamp because its not a true test for your dog. i bet you have slipped your dog on a hare on a plough feild were the hare cannot run its best but somehow it is ok because its "daytime"

it all depends on the dogs you run if you had a pure whippet or a half cross collie are they going to catch a daytime hare with any consistance? i think lamping hares would be spot for that. just because there lamped dont mean they just roll over and die i have seen quite a few 5 min courses on the lamp and some that of ended quicker than other just like daytime. they are mostly going to be a fractionly easier because its dark and the fact there is a dazzler in there face but as a said they dont just roll over and die...

• Like 3

Only ever had one on the lamp but it gave the dog a dam good run. Up and down back and forward around and around felt like it went on for ever. The dog was getting slower and slower through exhaustion but kept going then eventually nailed it. Few times it nearly went out of range of the beam but all ways turned and came back so luck was on our side that night

Was very proud of the dog

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1