news papers comparing replica .22 with american full auto rifles.

was in the chinese tonite and was flicking through the paper and came across a large spread showing a few .22 replica rifles like the ruger sr22 swith and westen colt commando etc

it was basicaly saying that you can legaly own these weapons (says weapons not rifles) in the UK but the bit which i disliked was that they didnt mention that the licenses here are severly more difficult to obtain and the screening is very tight and also it did not mention the replica rifles are a mere .22 and are not full automatic rifles.

so to the every day none shooter who reads this- will think there are those in the UK who own large calliper full auto weapons!!!!!!!

Thats what you should expect when reading a rag like the sun, wouldnt wipe my arse with that comic of a paper, nothing but lies and fear mongering

Agreed very poor quality,with very little credibility have not read it since miners strike,but naive people do read it and beleive it,should be a law against scare mongering,

Thats what you should expect when reading a rag like the sun, wouldnt wipe my arse with that comic of a paper, nothing but lies and fear mongering

I agree but tbh I dont really think that replica weapons like that do anything for the image of shooting. Fair enough synthetic or camo stocks and semi autos they are practical and for a good reason but having a rambo gun is for no good reason and it just reinforces the idea that some members of the non-shooting public have about sporting firearms being "massacre weapons" as described in the sun

Doesn't matter who writes/prints it, truth is folks read it and accept it. We all need to accept that.

2nd point is;

They have a valid point, why the hell would anyone want a rifle that looks like an assualt weapon for any other reason than a toy, or some sick obsession.

Don't get me wrong, I had a heckler and kock mp5 rep for my 1st .22, then a 10/22, bloody great fun, but that's all they where, fun.

I didn't need them, the considered action of a bolt action is much better, even if you can't empty a 25 x banana clip in 10seconds.

Get real guys, they have a valid point and buying this copycat stuff can do no good.

Edited by cyclonebri1
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter who writes/prints it, truth is folks read it and accept it. You all need to except that.

2nd point is;

They have a valid point, why the hell would anyone want a rifle that looks like an assualt weapon for any other reason than a toy, or some sick obsession.

Don't get me wrong, I had a heckler and kock mp5 rep for my 1st .22, then a 10/22, bloody great fun, but that's all they where, fun.

I didn't need them, the considered action of a bolt action is much better, even if you can't empty a 25 x banana clip in 10seconds.

Get real guys, they have a valid point and buying this copycat stuff can do no good.

their point is fair enough, trouble is for the shooting industry that they present it like we are a load of sadists who walk around with replica machine guns endangering the public. but as you say they are only writing what people will read