do foxes lie up in the same place

I've done the same thing but in my (limited) experience when I've been back the next day or after a couple of days even a week I havnt put one up from the same place, but i have put one up somewhere near?? Not sure if would be the same fox tho?

Atb ant

I have places where year on year I maybe lucky enough to come across a fox in the same place. An example is a large flat rock below a rock fall that has good observations and the fox can really only be seen from above, so it probably feels quite secure. It is usually in warm sunny periods I may see a fox here.

I have never put up a fox from the same resting place two days on the run

i put one up yesterday in a 3 acre fishery all fenced off with only a small hole in the fence to get out i couldnt get a shot off as my border was crashing through behind it , my dads been losing hens he wants to go back today to see if it there but i wasnt sure it would be .

i put one up yesterday in a 3 acre fishery all fenced off with only a small hole in the fence to get out i couldnt get a shot off as my border was crashing through behind it , my dads been losing hens he wants to go back today to see if it there but i wasnt sure it would be .

ideal place to put a snare :thumbs:

if its good cover then yes you will get him there again, this is from experiance i have done cover and missed foxes and returned a week or two later and accounted for it, could of been a different fox but the fact that they are territorial would make me think same fox

In my experience you will rarely flush the same fox from the same place twice. Good holding spots will usually produce year after year but in any given season once you have put a fox out of a patch it usually decides to find somewhere else to lay up.

Wait beside the hens!

Wait beside the hens!

i would mate but there right behind someones house who has horses she doesnt like us shooting at the best of times

yes they do,my terrier has put up a fox out this rock pile two consecutive weekends and a few times before in the past as well

030_zps9b55af29.jpg

Are you putting them up day after day though, which was my understanding of what he was asking? I am sure somebody does especially in the towns.

Guest long-tail

yes they do,my terrier has put up a fox out this rock pile two consecutive weekends and a few times before in the past as well

030_zps9b55af29.jpg

Are you putting them up day after day though, which was my understanding of what he was asking? I am sure somebody does especially in the towns.

no i didnt mean on a daily basis but regular same spot weekend after weekend at times,sure if you disturbed them daily they wouldnt be there for long :thumbs: