boar with a spear

i can think of more humane ways ........but by god he timed that perfect.................he either done that before or was lucky................

blaise if that is you..........you done well ,........alot would of fecked the spear down and ran......lol

i can think of more humane ways ........but by god he timed that perfect.................he either done that before or was lucky................

blaise if that is you..........you done well ,........alot would of fecked the spear down and ran......lol

after watching the whole video that was humane.......

That's superb, and without a doubt very effective and humane when done correctly ;)

I took this pic at Chambord a few years ago, we saw lots of spears there and even better lots of hounds :thumbs:

Dsc01922.jpg

Bon Chasse!

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 2

That's superb, and without a doubt very effective and humane when done correctly ;)

I took this pic at Chambord a few years ago, we saw lots of spears there and even better lots of hounds :thumbs:

Dsc01922.jpg

Bon Chasse!

These spears are used on red deer or boar at the end of huntings with hounds (chasse à courre).

you can easily disassemble them and it's on the horse near the saddle.

At the beginning, this way of hunting come from a security rule.

500.000 boars are hunted each year in france, french hunters are a bit mad with wild boars.

The great part of wild boars are killed during driven hunts, with a important number of rifles and lot of dogs.

During a driven hunt, we have two groups of hunter : "postés" (fixed) who are waiting for animals and "traqueurs" who are moving with dogs through the forest.

To improve security, some team have banned rifles for the "traqueurs", inside the driven hunt. So, to save their dogs in case of fight, they use spears.

Edited by Blaise