how to stop nets twisting

I have 3 feet hemp nets there brand new got them for christmas and since i had them they twist around itself. Its hard to explain imagine if someone had hold of the two ends and twisted thats what there like. Is there any way to stop this?

The guy that knitted them could of solved that problem as he loaded the needle , after you have used them a couple of times they should settle down but failing that hand them up with a weight on the bottom end and see if that solves it

See a lot of twisted nets for sale at game fairs etc this summer.....seems that some net makers have trouble loading thier needles properly.....this is almost certainly the cause of the problem.

You could try soaking your nets and drying them in the un-twisted position, if you see what I mean :thumbs:

• Like 1

dip them in a bucket of water untill soaked hang from the top and add a good weight on the other end use a meat hook or bent nail with a brick or something heavy attached, rotate the net untill the twist has gone then leave to dry, when dry the twist will be gone :thumbs:

Guest Lee_view

its more to do with how you take the twine off of the spool, there is a regular link put up on here as being "very good" I started watching it and did nt bother watching past the 1st couple of minutes, the reason was he's loading a needle from the spool vertical(upright) the twine is coming off like a corkscrew which will cause the net to twist. When loading your needle have the spool horizontal and the twine will come off left to right to left and will take out the twist in the twine

Y.I.S Lee_view

• Like 1
Guest norseman

its more to do with how you take the twine off of the spool, there is a regular link put up on here as being "very good" I started watching it and did nt bother watching past the 1st couple of minutes, the reason was he's loading a needle from the spool vertical(upright) the twine is coming off like a corkscrew which will cause the net to twist. When loading your needle have the spool horizontal and the twine will come off left to right to left and will take out the twist in the twine

Y.I.S Lee_view

thanks lee view for the tip. makes a bit more sense :thumbs: cheers.